PDA

View Full Version : A Good Experience at the dealer...for a change!

Rwecked
03-15-2004, 05:02 AM
In the light of all the negative posts and threads about dealers, I want to share my good experience.

Now, it was my first visit to the dealer since I bought the car. I took it in for it's first FREE oil change. I realize this is not uncommon. I also asked for an alignment due to my car being lowered a few weeks ago. I figured I'd pay the $100 and be done with it.

About two hours later, I got a call saying my car was ready. The bill? $29! I look at it...turns out, he charged me for the oil change and not the alignment. I asked if it was right and he said yes. I couldn't complain too much, after all , he saved me $70.

Let's hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

ATRIOT
03-15-2004, 08:47 AM
So which dealer was it?

Type X
03-15-2004, 09:36 AM
my dealer sucks
i still have 3 free oil changes but refuse to go in there

last one i got they spilled oil all over my jdm valve cover

before they took the car in i told the guy working on it

" i love my car more than my family.... lets just say if my house was on fire and my car was in the garage and my family in the house... i would honk to let them know :) "

he laughed.... than proceeded to spill the oil

the fuckwad:mad:

STP03BlueSI
03-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Type X
he laughed.... than proceeded to spill the oil

the fuckwad:mad:

Damn...I would have OWN3D that bitch for that.:mad:

I take off all the covers under my hood, Just because of dumbasses at the Dealership.

Last time I was there to get a oil change, they spilled oil all over the axel,Xbrace, and the exhaust piping. When I was driving home all I could smell was burnt oil.:'(

sonic imperial
03-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I had my 30k done this weekend, came to $202.60. Not too bad I guess. My dealer does a good job of treating the customer right, I feel like they have great service.

HondCivc91
03-15-2004, 11:04 AM
... am i odd for changing my own oil? I mean even though it's free it's only ten bucks for 4 qts of Mobil oil and filter. I dunno, I'd rather pay the ten and know I did it right.

ViViDPeArL
03-15-2004, 11:31 AM
i go to my dealer for everything...i used to go to Hardin Honda in Anaheim, CA their free oil change plan is shitty...plus they spilled oil once all over the bottom of my chassis...fucking idiots. i do all my service at honda cars of corona now

rtenyes
03-15-2004, 11:34 AM
it's funny about dealers, either i've had good luck with sales and crappy luck w/service or the other way round. i got my si for a great price and very little hassel, but when i took it in for the 10k service they told me it would be $120. i asked why since according to the book it's an oil change and tire rotation - they told me they had to "lube" the brakes "wtf does that mean" i replied (before i could stop myself). the service writer looked like i shot his dog and then proceded not to tell me what "lube the brakes" meant. i told them to change the oil (synth which i supplied) and rotate the tires since there was 4" of snow on the ground. cost me $42, i couldn't believe it...

ViViDPeArL
03-15-2004, 11:56 AM
my 10k service cost me 60 bucks....so did my 20k service...my 30k service is due soon...gonna cost me 250 bucks.

sonic imperial
03-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
my 10k service cost me 60 bucks....so did my 20k service...my 30k service is due soon...gonna cost me 250 bucks.

I get coupons in the mail for 10% scheduled maintenance. You might want to check into it so you can save some $.

beechstreet
03-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by HondCivc91
... am i odd for changing my own oil? I mean even though it's free it's only ten bucks for 4 qts of Mobil oil and filter. I dunno, I'd rather pay the ten and know I did it right.

I do my own too, just put in Mobil 1 synth 0w-20 at 4K

R1/SiR
03-15-2004, 12:23 PM
rwrecked what dealer did you use?