PDA

View Full Version : Account Suspended Message

bao_pay
03-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Can a mod please UNBAN my ip address? I keep getting the message that say account has been suspended, please contact customer service! This message is so annoying! The only way I can log into the site is through the update to threads in my hotmail inbox! Someone help!!! :confused:

jaydub
03-15-2004, 12:08 PM
:rolleyes:

foilpan
03-15-2004, 01:48 PM
clear your browser cache.

bao_pay
03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
I deleted all my cookies/history and everything... how do i clear the cache... is that temporary internet files?

Peking
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bao_pay
Can a mod please UNBAN my ip address? I keep getting the message that say account has been suspended, please contact customer service! This message is so annoying! The only way I can log into the site is through the update to threads in my hotmail inbox! Someone help!!! :confused:

Whao, not sure how to help you other than what has been said already. Yet rest assured your IP is not banned.

Do you have more than one person who logs on to your computer? Like both my sister and I have different profiles in XP. Once and a while I clear out her stuff too. Really helps with speed for some reason.

bao_pay
03-15-2004, 10:38 PM
so ghetto... :(

jaydub
03-15-2004, 11:07 PM
what's ghetto? it doesn't have anything to do with ephatch. :confused:

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 02:19 AM
This Account Has Been Suspended.
Please Contact Customer Support For More Information

what customer support am i supposed to contact? My high speed internet provider? I don't get it...

dofu
03-16-2004, 05:32 AM
if you're using your favorites list, try deleting ephatch from it, then adding it back.

jaydub
03-16-2004, 08:44 AM

what customer support am i supposed to contact? My high speed internet provider? I don't get it...

Now I think you're just trying to be funny.

1flySi2002
03-16-2004, 10:33 AM

That is the same message that everyone was getting when the site was down for those 3-4 days or whatever it was. Why do you think he is trying to be funny? You can't click on the thing that says contact your customer support, at least i couldnt when it was down for me. i think he is just trying to find out what to do, and how to fix it.

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 11:51 AM
The suspended message was a direct cut and paste from when I log onto ephatch! I'm so dead serious when I say that I can't get on the site! 1flysi2002 is exactly right... I ain't kidding! (thanks for the back up!) Even tho I'm not a post whore and am just hovering around 300 posts since may 03 I'm on here a lot! When I get that screen theres nothing I can do. I can't click on a damn thing. And its not in my favorites list. I always type it in because I like jumping from website to website quickly. The only thing I can do is call my internet company and get them to check the site for me. Its just ghey having to call them for no reason and theres no way I'm formatting my computer just for this. I know too little about computers to be formatting and deleting all my files!

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 12:27 PM
This happened to me a while ago too!! I couldn't log on at home but i could post while I was at work. I just got a new computer and I was good to go! ;)

Just kidding.

Just log out of all the computers you surf ephatch with and delete all the histories, cookies, etc. You should be AOK before u know it.
:)

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 12:29 PM
its weird because i use ephatch at work and at home... it works at work but not at home anymore? I dunno...

foilpan
03-16-2004, 12:48 PM
did you ever delete your temp files? do it.

you're not banned. it's a problem with your computer.

try another browser. i bet it'll work. download mozilla and see.

i use safari, omniweb (seldom), iCab, explorer, firefox, camino, and mozilla on my macs. all work just fine.

do some house cleaning before you assume it's the site's fault.

dc1972
03-16-2004, 02:50 PM
You know what i get the same message. I cleared all the temp files and history. This is the first time i have gotten in for more than a week. Same message account has been suspended. Any other suggestions. I can only get in the same way as bao_pay. Any help please

foilpan
03-16-2004, 07:01 PM
whoa! no need to be rude. i'm not attacking anyone. i'm not sure what's going on for you.

try borrowing a friend's laptop or something and try accessing the site from your house.

can you ping the address? do you (or your ISP) use some sort of proxy? there are a number of things that might affect your access to the site. the ones i mentioned are the most obvious and easily fixed.

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Sorry about the rudeness... I thought you were saying how retarded I was at computers... because the only person that disses me is me! At least you're offering suggestions that could help. Thanks. :cool: I appreciate it. I don't have a laptop and i don't know if my friend will really want me to install the high speed cable internet program onto his laptop. Getting a new video card sometime this week and hopefully my friend will know something about how to fix the problem when hes installing the video card. I've tried changing my ip address but its automatically set by the internet provider. I'm gonna have to call them and see whats up with the site and why i can't get onto ephatch. Thats the last resort if my friend can't sort things out. Hopefully everything will be up and running by the end of the week!

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Asked my friend about the problem and he fixed it in like 2 mintues over msn. If you're getting that same problem follow the instructions below:

1. click on start
2. click on all programs
3. click on accessories
4. click on system tools
5. click on disk cleanup
6. select main drive (normally C drive)
7. click all

From what I understand happened was that if you were logged onto the site when the server came down then it would screw up your internet passwords. This one deletes it all and you start new. I don't know all the technical jargon, all I know is it works and I owe my friend a drink. Thanks to foilpan for all the suggestions/help and Kennytaker for fixing the problem.

Peking
03-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Asked my friend about the problem and he fixed it in like 2 mintues over msn. If you're getting that same problem follow the instructions below:

1. click on start
2. click on all programs
3. click on accessories
4. click on system tools
5. click on disk cleanup
6. select main drive (normally C drive)
7. click all

From what I understand happened was that if you were logged onto the site when the server came down then it would screw up your internet passwords. This one deletes it all and you start new. I don't know all the technical jargon, all I know is it works and I owe my friend a drink. Thanks to foilpan for all the suggestions/help and Kennytaker for fixing the problem.

Cool, now we know what the hell the deal was and how to fix it :)

bao_pay
03-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Anger subsiding... heart rate slowing... blood pressure dropping... ahhhhhh.... :D