PDA

View Full Version : Your Si can't do this!

DownTheHatch
07-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Did this today. I'll write a how-to on it soon. I decided to do it today because I realized there is already a cut-out pattern in the unused housing that can be used.

I need your help though, can anyone tell me what this housing is used for in Europe?

ApexinSi
07-03-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm guessing...rear fog light?

stingyboy
07-03-2002, 08:27 PM
this is like staring at one of those hocus-pocus cartoons to find out what's different.

i give up. what am i supposed to notice in that pic? :confused:

LazyAzzAzian
07-03-2002, 10:40 PM
the light that is lite up on the tail lights, only do that in europe, with the us specs there is an emtpy space, nice job man

stingyboy
07-03-2002, 11:28 PM
try posting that european question on their board: http://hondaforums.co.uk/phpBB/index.php

K20NutBucket
07-04-2002, 05:02 AM
I noticed that too, wonder if its a blinker? I dont know.:confused:

ApexinSi
07-04-2002, 06:52 AM
Well whatever that empty space is....we ain't got crap there. I was taking note to what my turn signals looked like and all, and I noticed that the white circles only come on when you put it in reverse....when turning left or right it just blinks a red circle. And when you hit your hazards they blink red circles, I think i'm going to have to change them all around...maybe make the reverse my turn signal and hazards...for some reason I don't like red rear turn signals, it doesn't seem to get peoples attention right away.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-05-2002, 12:05 PM
is there any way u can make ur back lights yellow in the middle just like the picture? my Si looks empty without sumthin there. thanks.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Did this today. I'll write a how-to on it soon. I decided to do it today because I realized there is already a cut-out pattern in the unused housing that can be used.

I need your help though, can anyone tell me what this housing is used for in Europe?

show me how . that looks tite, i always wonder why no light was never there in the middle.

DownTheHatch
07-05-2002, 01:27 PM
I finished my modding last night, and I'm going to write a how-to. I posted on the UK forum and got a very nice answer to my question, here is the differences:

Big Red Circle at the top:
UK: Running/Brake Light
US: Turn Signal/Hazard

Tiny Red Square beside reverse light:
UK: Turn Signal/Hazard
US: Blocked out

Red Line at the bottom:
UK: Fog Lights (lights up bright when fog lights are turned on)
US: Running/Brake Light

So far I've changed mine around the UK/Japan Specs and I enjoy it.

Again I'll post up the How-To when I get a chance.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-05-2002, 10:17 PM
wow.. thanks downthehatch. i was wondering. the back lights.. when it is yellow. does the red light when lights are turned on show up as well? so like the yellow and the red shows up at the same time? or is it just the yellow when lights are turned on? once agian.. thanks

DownTheHatch
07-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Well it looks yellow in the picture but its red in real life. That little square is my turnsignal now and doesn't light up with my running or brake lights.