PDA

View Full Version : SRS light on after replacing seats

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I had my seats stolen and the *(&$@&(# thieves cut the wires under the seats. I managed to find another set which I've installed. I've re-attached the wires but the SRS light is on now and I've noticed that my seat belt does not lock up when I hard brake.

Anyone of you guys know anything about this?

I am thinking that there is a set of wires that is probably coated which is why the splice is not working. I am going to get an amp meter and check it out.

If there is anyone out there that have had experience on this, I'd love to hear from you!

jaydub
03-16-2004, 10:13 AM
SRS light can only be reset by the dealership, and I assume it has turned on because the wires are not attached properly (or incorrectly). Also, if the car was turned on while there was nothing plugged in, the SRS light goes on then as well.

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Mine does the same thing ever since i had my racing seats installed. I havnt had it turned off yet!

jaydub
03-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Mine does the same thing ever since i had my racing seats installed. I havnt had it turned off yet!

That could affect your airbags functioning.

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Even though the dealership can turn it off. Would they be able to without the plug being in there! or can they just turn the whole light off itself?

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Hmmm........will they charge me to do this? Should I play dumb and just bring it in?

I had to turn on my car w/out the seats so I can get the EPS working. I had to move the car in my garage with my new "bucket" seat (recycle box) This sucks LARGE nuts.

jaydub
03-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by blackyEP3
Hmmm........will they charge me to do this? Should I play dumb and just bring it in?

I had to turn on my car w/out the seats so I can get the EPS working. I had to move the car in my garage with my new "bucket" seat (recycle box) This sucks LARGE nuts.

why would you have to play dumb? It seems like your seats were replaced legitimately, so I can't see why they'd hassle you. :shrug:

K20Hatch there is a plug you can buy which "fools" the system into thinking the seats are plugged in normally. You might look into those, then the dealership can reset the light.

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 10:28 AM
K20Hatch there is a plug you can buy which "fools" the system into thinking the seats are plugged in normally. You might look into those, then the dealership can reset the light.

Thats an idea! Now i just have to find where to get them!

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 10:29 AM
I've just had a really shitty time everytime I go to the dealer. I'll give them a shout and see whats up. :)

Z26
03-16-2004, 10:31 AM
There is a fix. I have done it and it works! Its hard to explain but it can be found. Do a search on ephatch, clubsi and clubrsx. I left my window open one night and it rained on my seats. I start the car and my srs light will not go out. Do a search for " srs light " an the site listed above and you will find the fix. Cheers,scott

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 10:37 AM
I guess I'll have to see if it fixes the seat belt tensioners.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Z26
There is a fix. I have done it and it works! Its hard to explain but it can be found. Do a search on ephatch, clubsi and clubrsx. I left my window open one night and it rained on my seats. I start the car and my srs light will not go out. Do a search for " srs light " an the site listed above and you will find the fix. Cheers,scott

yea...all you need is a paperclip and about 2 mins...

jaydub
03-16-2004, 10:43 AM
oh that's excellent, I didn't know that! Good stuff, fellas.

Z26
03-16-2004, 11:08 AM
I used a peice of speaker wire. Whatever works!

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 11:26 AM
har har har...

CLICKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEE (http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59738)

blackyEP3
03-16-2004, 11:55 AM
:cool:

ep_nezay
03-16-2004, 12:02 PM
You dont have to take it to the dealer, you can reset the system yourself, aslong as you dont have any open circuits.
This is how you DIY. Also you dont need the connector SCS connetor, use a paperclip or wire.

Locate the SRS plug.It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory.
NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.

GatorBait.
03-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Adam, any idea where to get the plug that "fools" the SRS system?

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by GiacA4
Adam, any idea where to get the plug that "fools" the SRS system?

Ya i would like to kno that to? Never seen anything like it..! That would be cool though, not to look at that srs light anymore!

Taro_San
03-16-2004, 07:54 PM
:)

check it out ....

How to take the SRS light OFF !!! (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=264288)

ep_nezay
03-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Ya i would like to kno that to? Never seen anything like it..! That would be cool though, not to look at that srs light anymore!

You dont want your airbags activated?
Just reset the system, takes about 2mins total. It could save your life:confusem: