PDA

View Full Version : rev competition kit

sai_iii
03-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Just wondering....Did anyone ever get this kit and have it installed?
If so how's the fit and everything?

!@#$%
03-17-2004, 02:38 PM
if by rev kit you mean the usdm ctr kit: the fitment is alot better than I was expecting. The front held itself without screws, the sides should fit perfectly mounted behind the plastic fenderwells and the rear looked to be pretty close as well.

sai_iii
03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
yea i did mean the ctr replica kit. !@#$% do you actually have the kit? How does the wing fit?

tom3
03-18-2004, 03:30 AM
!@#$% please give us some pictures! You're like the only person I know of that has the Rev Comp. kit. A lot of others have the USDM CTR kit from showstoppers..

!@#$%
03-18-2004, 09:16 AM
I thought it was the same kit. Showstoppers has to get it from REV in canada. At least thats what I thought. I thought showstoppers was just the middleman.

:confused:

Look on the last page of the UDSM KIT in the vendor sales section.

Dane has a pic of it installed unpainted and painted. I got the exact same kit, and yes I ordered from showstoppers.

!@#$%
03-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by sai_iii
yea i did mean the ctr replica kit. !@#$% do you actually have the kit? How does the wing fit?

as for the wing, i just ordered the lip kit. I didnt get the fiberglass mugen replica that they show on their site. I have the spoilerdepot ctr wing.

tom3
03-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I thought it was the same kit. Showstoppers has to get it from REV in canada. At least thats what I thought. I thought showstoppers was just the middleman.

:confused:

Look on the last page of the UDSM KIT in the vendor sales section.

Dane has a pic of it installed unpainted and painted. I got the exact same kit, and yes I ordered from showstoppers.

Actually I asked showstoppers early on when they started selling these kits, and according to them, they do not get the kits from rev competition. It may very well be from the same mold or even the same manufacturer/supplier, but SS USA does not get them from Rev.

fsugatorbait
03-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Rev's kits come with replacement front and rear bumpers with the lips molded in. Showstoppers sells just the lips. Two totally different products.

!@#$%
03-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Rev's kits come with replacement front and rear bumpers with the lips molded in. Showstoppers sells just the lips. Two totally different products.

k, thanks. noted. :)

513n179
03-18-2004, 03:56 PM
the rev ctr kit, is a lip kit... the mugen kit is a full replacement front/rear bumper with the lip molded to it. i'm positive both kits are made by rev

fsugatorbait
03-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 513n179
the rev ctr kit, is a lip kit... the mugen kit is a full replacement front/rear bumper with the lip molded to it. i'm positive both kits are made by rev

I was assuming that the CTR kit followed the Mugen in design as that was the kit I was looking into, my bad. :)