PDA

View Full Version : Spoon 4-2 header

turbodreams02
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
has anyone had any experience with the spoon 4-2 manifold because im seriously considering it.Are the power gains worth the buy. spoon products are next to none so if you have any insights, opinions, or videos and sound clips please feel free post.

Low Rider
03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
I am a Spoon whore from birth... the problem is, you can't put the Spoon headers on the USDM EP3 without making a shit pile of other really expensive modifications. That stuff is made for the JDM market!!! :'(

2k2hawksi
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
my heart broke as i was reading that post im a spoon fanatic why wont it fit and will it fit the type s motor or is it strictly jdm cuz if it is...:'(

Low Rider
03-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 2k2hawksi
my heart broke as i was reading that post im a spoon fanatic why wont it fit and will it fit the type s motor or is it strictly jdm cuz if it is...:'(

If you go Spoon (headers) you have to get the Spoon downpipe, the JDM (or Spoon) mid-pipe, the RSX front sway bars, and the RSX front control arms... it is do-able but extensive and expensive.
I've actually thought about it but I have a few other items on my buy list for now! ;)

2k2hawksi
03-17-2004, 03:28 PM
wow thats alot of goodies....only if i had that kind of cash on tap i think ill just head swap and work from there

oldschoolimport
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
If you go Spoon (headers) you have to get the Spoon downpipe, the JDM (or Spoon) mid-pipe, the RSX front sway bars, and the RSX front control arms... it is do-able but extensive and expensive.
I've actually thought about it but I have a few other items on my buy list for now! ;) why do you have to put the sway and LCAs on. the type s front sway will bolt up without any other mods on an si. therefore, the the LCAS wont need to be changed. and there is no reason to change sways for the header unless you just want to. if you want to use the CTR front bar, you have to get CTR front LCAs.

but for the spoon header, it would just need the type s downpipe, and CTR b-pipe and catback. basically you would have a type s exhaust full system. the down pipe/cat and b-pipe is where the difference is between the si and CTR. HTH.