PDA

View Full Version : Manifolds

Lil Black_Hatch
03-16-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm considering building my own turbo set-up. Does anybody know a website that sells manifolds that keep the cat that fit a standard T3/T4 or similar?

Thanks in advance

danoonez
03-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Lil Black_Hatch
I'm considering building my own turbo set-up. Does anybody know a website that sells manifolds that keep the cat that fit a standard T3/T4 or similar?

Thanks in advance

SFP, Cybernation, Rev Hard

SF-SI-02
03-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Check e-bay, there is a manufactureer that claims they have a manifold for the 2 litre k-series, I don't remember the name of the company, but it looked reputable once I peeped their website..

Ph0nK
03-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Just FYI, I called Showstoppers, and the quoted the RevHard manifold at $440 shipped.

esmith13
03-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Can't use Cybernation's.

They have a custom downpipe and test pipe that are one piece so you would have to have it cut in half and flanged to use a cat.

Whoever's turbo manifold you DO buy, it has to be intended for a T3/T4 and you need their down pipe as well - don't forget that...

Eric

danoonez
03-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by esmith13
Can't use Cybernation's.

They have a custom downpipe and test pipe that are one piece so you would have to have it cut in half and flanged to use a cat.

Whoever's turbo manifold you DO buy, it has to be intended for a T3/T4 and you need their down pipe as well - don't forget that...

Eric

Sure you can use it. You don't have to get the Cybernation full down pipe to use their manifold. I probably would get it though (if I bought a Cybernation manifold), since it does all fit perfectly together.

And I think you meant the manifold has to be T3 flanged, which it doesn't anyway; it's just that the T3 flange is pretty much the most popular, so most companies go ahead and use it anyway.

esmith13
03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
All true. My points were just reminder of convenience versus customization.

Eric ;)

danoonez
03-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
All true. My points were just reminder of convenience versus customization.

Eric ;)

If we were going after convenient instead of custom, we wouldn't be putting together our own kits!;) :D Your points are understood though.

Lil Black_Hatch
03-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone

Ep3_kid
03-23-2004, 06:26 AM
the price on the cybernation manifold is extramely high, i dont have the funds to buy that one, im not saying it is crap like some people said in honda-tech or over here, but i'm gonna buy the SFP for 200 dollars less. it flows just fine.

danoonez
03-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Ep3_kid
the price on the cybernation manifold is extramely high, i dont have the funds to buy that one, im not saying it is crap like some people said in honda-tech or over here, but i'm gonna buy the SFP for 200 dollars less. it flows just fine.

Yes Cybernation is pretty expensive. Nothing wrong with going SFP though. Just make sure you get the downpipe unless you plan on having one custom fabbed.

SFPracing
03-23-2004, 02:59 PM
If you need the header mani and Downpipe combo I can help you out. Just give me a buzz at sfp. My name is Scott.

danoonez
03-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SFPracing
If you need the header mani and Downpipe combo I can help you out. Just give me a buzz at sfp. My name is Scott.

Does the SFP downpipe have a flange welded on for where it meets the cat. I noticed another company doesn't normally include that on their downpipes, at least not in their pictures. Also, does the turbo mount on the top or bottom of the SFP manifold? I remember seeing a picture in a "Boost" thread, but for some reason it disappeared.

SFPracing
03-24-2004, 12:42 PM
No i'm sorry. You would need a flex section and flange to attach to cat back.