PDA

View Full Version : K-Sport Full Coilovers

dchu
03-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Update: It did some searching and it appears my suspicions are correct...D2 = K-Sport. D2 sells their coilovers under K-Sport brand in Japan. http://www.gbauto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Looks we have another alternative.:D K-sport coilovers for $600 on groubuycenter. Here's the link http://groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=14955 .

36 Way Fully Adjustable Dampening.

Light Weight Aluminum Top Mounts

Pillow Top Mounts (adjustable camber) available for many applications (universal)

Monotube High Pressure Design

44mm Shock Piston, 50mm Body

Custom Spring Rates Available (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)

hernameis?
03-17-2004, 06:15 AM
Good find.

Does anyone have experience with this k-sport or has anyone heard anything about the quality? Im looking to do my setup here in the next month and was planning on the D2 Racing or the hayame. This might be another aloternative.

DynaSpeed
03-17-2004, 06:53 AM
nice... 22 kg/mm? That's some teeth-jarring spring rates! awesome.

I'd jump on this if I was looking for a decent coilover system on a budget.

Makross
03-17-2004, 07:08 AM
i need coilovers bad my ride is starting to feel like crap

hernameis?
03-17-2004, 07:51 AM
lol anyone else notice that its like the same 5 or 6 guys that post on EVERY coilover thread? I just thought that was funny. But I feel ya makross, these PA roads have killed mine and the ass is starting to sag. Thank the lord that Im transferrin to NOVA next month. My suspension is #1 priority and second is a new big screen HDTV. So obvioulsy, the cheaper the setup the bigger the TV ;)

Burgh
03-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I still have to wonder about these fully adjustable coilovers at such a cheap price. And are they actually telling us that the dampers that come with these will handle spring rates up to 22K???!!! :eek: Anyone know who manufactures their springs and dampers?

tom3
03-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Burgh
Anyone know who manufactures their springs and dampers?
No idea, but looks like they're made in Taiwan.. awesome!! :D

jaydub
03-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be wary of a company that has "universal" pillow ball mounts. :D

BarracksSi
03-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by hernameis?
... But I feel ya makross, these PA roads have killed mine and the ass is starting to sag. Thank the lord that Im transferrin to NOVA next month.

Some of the streets around there aren't bad, but get into some parts of DC and they suck ass. That (and $$$$) is the only reason I'm so hesitant to get any suspension stuff.

dchu
03-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I have a feeling that D2 and K-Sport coilovers are coming out of the same Taiwanese factory, but maybe they'll have different colors. If you look around the D2 website, you'll find what looks to be universal pillow ball mounts too. If you look at the application list, it matches almost perfectly to the K-sport list with the exception of foreign cars not sold in the US. K-sport did seem to slip up on their list. They list Lexus IS400 and Altezza which we don't have in the US, but surprise...it's on the D2 list.