PDA

View Full Version : tein/spoon sports/mugen

goldy02
10-05-2002, 09:51 AM
:'( im crying because tein is taking way to long for the flex coilovers, i want them and cannot wait any longer, i gonna get the edfc controller also. i getting alot more spoon stuff and mugen stuff also, spoon front and back strut bars, front and back tie bars and mugen sway bar hopefully they will have a front sway coming out too.. the suspension is my #1 priority right now then by january alot more stuff for our motors will be out.

Jpax
10-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by goldy02
:'( im crying because tein is taking way to long for the flex coilovers, i want them and cannot wait any longer, i gonna get the edfc controller also. i getting alot more spoon stuff and mugen stuff also, spoon front and back strut bars, front and back tie bars and mugen sway bar hopefully they will have a front sway coming out too.. the suspension is my #1 priority right now then by january alot more stuff for our motors will be out.

The EDFC controller is to big for our cars. it would hit the hood from what i have researched. there is modules that go ontop of the coil overs that eather incress or decress the allen screw so when you press the button it turns is one way to "tighten" susspension and the other way to "loosen" the suspension.
The controler will fit anywere because its anormal DIN size. but i think we will have a problem with the modules.

goldy02
10-06-2002, 12:30 AM
i called tein and they told me that the flex coilovers can use them edfc for our cars i will be a tight fit, though

HK_EP3
10-06-2002, 12:34 AM
dam rich people... gimme me sum money for my car....

goldy02
10-06-2002, 12:02 PM
trust me man im not rich at all, i just bust my ass at work for all my money, i worked 7 days a week for the last 5 months and over time and double time is a mother f#cker, when it comes to pay day, 90 to 100 hour work weeks pay off;)

plus on top of all that i just inlisted in the air force, im leaving in febuary thats why im spending so much money now, because im gonna miss her, for a couple of months anyway,

do you want babysit her for me,:D :'(

K20ACTR
10-07-2002, 01:38 PM
why don't you just get the spoon dampers? It seems like you want a quality set-up, plus TEIN doesn't lower your car all that much. At least the new dampers for the EP.

HK_EP3
10-07-2002, 02:01 PM
between spoon and tien, i'd get tien. CAUSE TIENS DA SH!T!!!

K20ACTR
10-07-2002, 02:27 PM
LOL!!! Are you serious? You would take Tein over Spoon? While you're at it why don't you just take Thermal over Apex-i?

goldy02
10-07-2002, 04:04 PM
personally i like the tiens, ive had a set before and a friend of mine has a set, thats just my opinion, ive never had or rode in spoons before, also im not worried about slamming my car, just the perfect ride wheather racing on the weekend or daily driving, im just worried about the ride not the looks. the new super street has a tour of the tein factory and they show their new type r civic and it looks pretty good, its not too low, and not too high,

K20ACTR
10-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Well the Teins sound perfect for you then because from what you said you aren't gonna lower it too much. I like to lower my car so the tire is tucked a very small amount and the Spoon dampers allow you to that depending on wheel size but good luck with the Tein dampers.

goldy02
10-07-2002, 05:07 PM
thanks man i think the teins will take good care of me. hey if your into super street check out the new one, its got a good article about them,

take it easy;)

FiZZ-EP3
10-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Haha, what...TEINS don't lower your car?!?!?! Hmm, my cars pretty damn slammed with my Teins...i don't think you've seen a car with Teins before:confused:

nikkotyper
10-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Guys,
What is the difference between TEIN Flex and SS coilover systems?

Thanks.

FiZZ-EP3
10-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Type Flex is a better suspension setup with the addition of the EDFC which controls the damping electronically from inside the car! I have the Type SS and it's great, i love it...slammed and ride is as smooth as stock, and corners great!:cool:

nikkotyper
10-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Since I am not interested in EDFC should I go for the SS setup?
I autocross and I do not really care about the looks of it. I care about functionality and performace. Since you already have it (is it on your EP3?) would you mind giving me more details of it...

FiZZ-EP3
10-07-2002, 07:16 PM
If you're interested in the EDFC, you can only get it with the Type Flex setup. Some cars you can get it with the Type SS, you just have to get the motor and wiring for the EDFC and hook it up, but it's not available for the EP3 YET. The Type SS is an excellent suspension setup. I had the damping on 24 which is the hardest for about a day and the car doesn't move when you go over bumps or holes etc...hard as a rock! I put it to 10 now and it's a soft ride, but not too soft...when you go over a bump, you hardly feel it and the car doesn't bounce at all. It's hard to say which exact setting to keep it on cause you gotta test it yourself and see how hard/soft you like the ride and for what situation. Best suspension out there in my opinion. I wouldn't go with anything else for my EP3...TEIN's the best!:)

nikkotyper
10-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Where did you get it and for how much?
Did you install it yourself?

Thanks for your reply.

Seems like they already have the FLEX system on http://www.tein.com/honda.html

BTW, I mean to say : I am NOT (instead of now) interested in EDFC.