PDA

View Full Version : Need alignment? Help?

pedzola
03-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok so I installed my eibach prokit this past weekend...

Couple of things...

#1) when we finished the install we noticed we had an extra bump stop (whoops). Too tired to take it apart again so I have a bump stop on one side in the rear and not the other. Exactly how much of a problem is this?

#2) Ripped one of those tie rod rubber boot things on the front... its still there... but ripped pretty good... might rip in half eventually... how vital is this? lol

#3) Do I need an alignment? How can I tell if I need an alignment? They can't adjust camber without a camber kit right? Is there anything I could have thrown out of whack by taking things apart and putting back together? People have always said you don't need a camber kit w/the prokit springs....

Do I need an alignment? Or not? Thanks!

:D

dofu
03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
i'd put the last bump stop back in before i worry about anything else... if everything is intact and you feel your steering geometry or steering wheel or something isnt right, then bring it in for an alignment. i had no problems with my alignment when i threw in my ground controls, but when i did my teins, i needed alignment...

Rey
03-17-2004, 06:47 PM
You should be way ok when it comes to alighnment and camber. I have a sportline kit, and I am right above factory spec when it comes to negative camber. The camber problem will only happen in the rear. You won't need a camber kit.........trust me. I have had my springs on for 6 months, and I see almost no camber wear on my tires.

pedzola
03-17-2004, 06:58 PM
But do I need to have the car aligned? Or is there nothing they can align w/o camber kit?

pedzola
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Dofu - sorry didn't see your post... thanks for the input... yeah I will put the bumpstop back in as soon as the snow clears. (SNOW IN MARCH???) but anyway... the car feels fine... steering is fine... everything is cool... it feels a lot better than before honestly.

I don'tfeel like anything is out of whack. But one of the rear wheels looks like maybe the angle is a little weird... camber... tilted in... I dunno...

Rey
03-17-2004, 07:00 PM
no idea. I had mine professionally installed for 60 bucks with a 3 year warrenty on labor, and lifetime on parts. Plus, it only took them 40 mins to do it. :P