PDA

View Full Version : Q RE: Mugen suspension

yomamaInMySi
03-18-2004, 06:32 AM
For those of you with the Mugen suspension kit. Is an alignment needed after the kit is installed? Thanks in advance.

fsugatorbait
03-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
For those of you with the Mugen suspension kit. Is an alignment needed after the kit is installed? Thanks in advance.

Yes, an alignment is highly recommended any time you replace your suspension. The Mugens dont require a camber kit though.

bobdobbs
03-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
The Mugens dont require a camber kit though.
Front camber isn't usually an issue, so I'm assuming you're talking about rear camber. How does the Mugen setup automatically adjust for rear camber?

fsugatorbait
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Front camber isn't usually an issue, so I'm assuming you're talking about rear camber. How does the Mugen setup automatically adjust for rear camber?

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing that, but swore for the life of me I had read it a while ago. Technically, the rear control arm is fixed and allows for no camber adjustment, but im gonna guess that the Mugen drop is subtle enough to keep the rear within factory spec. For the front, I believe the hole is slotted for adjustment without the camber bolt.
Oh, welcome back from hiding, I guess they missed your hole. :*

bobdobbs
03-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Technically, the rear control arm is fixed and allows for no camber adjustment, but im gonna guess that the Mugen drop is subtle enough to keep the rear within factory spec.
That makes sense, but it's a little like bragging the stock shocks don't need camber adjustment either. ;)

KW makes the same claim for their coilovers and I posed the same question to Glen. No response. I'm dubious.

For the front, I believe the hole is slotted for adjustment without the camber bolt.
Since they know the amount they drop from stock, they could position the hole for the proper camber. Considering the general turnkey nature of the product, I doubt they'd slot the hole.

Oh, welcome back from hiding, I guess they missed your hole. :*
yeah, but they keep trying.

I've been checking out your car lately and think I'll go for the CTR skirts like you have. Hope you don't mind. ;)

fsugatorbait
03-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
That makes sense, but it's a little like bragging the stock shocks don't need camber adjustment either. ;)

KW makes the same claim for their coilovers and I posed the same question to Glen. No response. I'm dubious.

Since they know the amount they drop from stock, they could position the hole for the proper camber. Considering the general turnkey nature of the product, I doubt they'd slot the hole.

yeah, but they keep trying.

I've been checking out your car lately and think I'll go for the CTR skirts like you have. Hope you don't mind. ;)

Yeah i know what your saying, marketing geniuses at their finest.

About the KW's their slotted in the front, obviously because they need to be due to their height adjustablity. Good point about the Mugens.

Glad they missed you, nice to have your sorry ass back.

PS. you have my permission to rock the skirts like an all star.

adrian1281
03-18-2004, 06:12 PM
for u guys with the mugen suspension, what was the front/rear camber after you installed the kit? how did you personally correct the camber if you did at all?

trabadoo22
03-19-2004, 12:40 AM

It doesn't my rear camber needed to be adjusted with this suspension. Their seems to be some discrepancy as to wheather or not this suspension needs a rear camber kit or not. From my experience it does.

for u guys with the mugen suspension, what was the front/rear camber after you installed the kit? how did you personally correct the camber if you did at all?

My front camber was fine: .4FL, .2FR

My rear was off though before correction and was noticeable just by looking at it: 1.7RL, 2.3RR

After correction: .9RL, .7RR

I fixed the camber by installing the spc camber kit and then getting an allignment. When you go in for an allignment they will adjust the camber kit to get the right camber.