PDA

View Full Version : Ok this might be a noob question but...?

Tommy Tran
03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Some friends and myself were having a discussion and couldnt determine what Si stands for if anything... I know its Honda's performance marque but do the two letters represent anything in particular? What are your thoughts?

Peace

Civicvtec1ps
03-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Sport Injected.

skooba
03-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Search It

Tommy Tran
03-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Can you suggest a search the minimum word length is 4 letters.
Thanks

Peace

phatfreeza
03-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by skooba
Search It

hahah that's a new one :) btw, if you browse through the first couple pages of this forum, you might find a few threads. its been covered a lot recently. also, it might also be in the ephatch bible. :)

sport injected/injection?

Tommy Tran
03-18-2004, 04:27 PM
I cant find my copy of the ep bible and I looked back through the last 10 pages and didnt find any relavent discussion pertaining to the subject.

Peace

Peking
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Tran
Can you suggest a search the minimum word length is 4 letters.
Thanks

Peace

If it is less than four letters use a * at the end for it to search :)

Besides Civicvtec1ps answered your question "Sport Injected" :D

Tommy Tran
03-18-2004, 04:38 PM
You gotta be kidding me... sport injected? That sounds gay as hell... not saying that anyones wrong of course, but do we have any proof for this?

Peace

EricP3
03-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, I personally did not know that hell was gay. As for the proof, before we had this great invention known as the Fuel Injected engine, Honda had their "upper" models called the "sport" models. When Honda made the switch to fuel injected motors, they added an "i" onto their Sport models. Hence the name Si standing for Sport Injected. Good day :D

Tommy Tran
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Ah I see... That makes sense.
And as for hell... I didnt want to attach an F-bomb to the end of it so hell got to be gay instead. And now with the explanation its not so gay.
Thanks and good day to you as well.

Peace

phatfreeza
03-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by EricP3
Well, I personally did not know that hell was gay.

roflmao...

but probably my fave:

Sex Injected :)

phantasia
03-19-2004, 11:50 PM
yeah, sport injected is right. btw, on civic RS models, available in europe and japan, the RS means "road sailing." i think thats damn cool.

BlackEp3
03-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Suck It

r3p00c
03-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by phantasia
yeah, sport injected is right. btw, on civic RS models, available in europe and japan, the RS means "road sailing." i think thats damn cool.

you sure about that? with every other RS model made by any other manufacturer, it means 'rally sport'.

5taj5
03-23-2004, 07:55 PM
well as intellegent as ericP3 makes his/her response sound, im pretty sure Si stands for 'sequential injection'.

EricP3
03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 5taj5
well as intellegent as ericP3 makes his/her response sound, im pretty sure Si stands for 'sequential injection'.
I am not the one that came up with that particular reason. I just remember that being the most logical reason from another thread on this same topic. I don't think that anyone really knows the real reason. What is your reasoning behind "sequential injection"?

Peking
03-25-2004, 08:42 PM

Really and where did you get that info from? Sports Injected was also something that was widely accepted and like all truths, if enough people believe in it then it must be true. Besides I remember reading it on some FAQ on other SI sites.

Also we have this... Fuel System: Multi-Point Fuel Injection

So I ask again where does "Sequential Injection" come from?

5taj5
03-26-2004, 02:18 AM
who would have guessed! if u pick up this months issue of sport compact car they just so happen to reveal it. Im not saying you're wrong eric but 'sport injected' is what i heard from my car club and this mag happens to back it up. im not trying to be a smart ass, as i complemented you on you're well argued answer. isn't it cynical that we can all cite the precise measurements of all aspects of our car and yet have no real answer to its name? is 'Si' even an acronym at all? as for peking, just because something is accepted does not make it true, take a stand or go your own way every once in a while. u cite no relevant info towards your argument. you would have been better off with a... "yah, what he said!" line.

Peking
03-26-2004, 10:03 AM
who would have guessed! if u pick up this months issue of sport compact car they just so happen to reveal it. Im not saying you're wrong eric but 'sport injected' is what i heard from my car club and this mag happens to back it up. im not trying to be a smart ass, as i complemented you on you're well argued answer. isn't it cynical that we can all cite the precise measurements of all aspects of our car and yet have no real answer to its name? is 'Si' even an acronym at all? as for peking, just because something is accepted does not make it true, take a stand or go your own way every once in a while. u cite no relevant info towards your argument. you would have been better off with a... "yah, what he said!" line.

ROFL, your understanding of the bigger picture is lacking. Also your statement on going my own way is very laughable considering you don't even know me.

"argument"??? If I was having an argument with you, my posts would be very different :confusem: