PDA

View Full Version : HID lights

HK_EP3
10-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Where can i get HID light bulbs, i want a good decent price. maybe from a website or sumthin... where did u guys get urs?

dustinhurley
10-06-2002, 08:28 AM
I suggest going to clubrsx.com Those guys all have HID lights. You can search around for info to find the best product and best deals. That's what I've been doing. But, I have seen a couple posts about HID lights not working in the Si for some odd electrical reason. I don't know what the deal is with that. If you get some, and they work, let us know asap. Also, I have seen a couple posts about the Type-R having an HID kit option. Now that would be the ideal thing to do in my opinion, if this is true.

1fastminivan
10-06-2002, 01:49 PM
for a decent price on a kit try groupbuycenter.com..........autolamps-online.com in my opinion have one of the most high quality HID kits but they are kinda pricey. $500 or so shipped. As for the wiring.....well they are having some problems due to the wierd wiring on our Sis. I didnt have time to play with my friends HID kit. You can do more research about HID at the home of HID at www.lighting.philips.com and go to the automotive section. or also http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/ That website was put together from some of the guys from the philips forum. Remember you wont just buy HID light bulbs you will buy the kit which consists of bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness, relays etc. :)

K20ACTR
10-17-2002, 07:01 PM
I bought the Philips HID kit and tried installing it on my Si and it wouldn't work, I even changed the fuses to a higher wattage and it still wouldn't work. I went to the Philips forum and they said we need a special wiring harness for the HID's to work because our electrical system is diferent from past civics.

1fastminivan
10-17-2002, 11:29 PM
someone posted how to fix the problem......I dont remember where it was at.....but its in here I think???

Si-Rican
10-18-2002, 08:40 PM
U have to hard wire ur h.i.d.s to make them work.

Red n yellow is the power
Red n white is the ground

SpUD
10-29-2002, 11:07 PM
Could you post some pictures?