PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Or Sports???

HK_EP3
10-05-2002, 11:58 PM
This might ve been posted before. but i just want to know from people that have Eibach Pro or Sports-kit think of them performance wise... i know the Sports-Kit drops the car more.. and pro-kit drops 1.1 inch? is that rite? just gimme sum info... decidin which one to buy... thx

SubliminalSi
10-06-2002, 08:51 AM
I have the sportline at about 2" drop. The ride is ALOT smoother. It handles a bit better to..I dont know anything about the pro kit, but id recommend the sportline;)

X 2KS2K
10-06-2002, 10:04 AM
i have the pro kit, and i like it a lot. dropped about 1.1 in front and 1.5 in back. it sounds bad, but it's unnoticeable because the back was higher than the front to begin with. handling has increased quite a bit from what i can tell. i'm taking corners much harder with less body roll and less tire squeel. also feels a little more solid at highway speeds.

it comes down to what you want. if you get the sportlines i'm guessing you will have to get something to adjust your camber because mine was right at the tolerance limit with the pro kit.

silver ep
10-06-2002, 10:48 AM
X 2KS2K: Do you have aftermarket shocks? Also how much was the installation, and did you need an alignment?

IceD out N CALI
10-06-2002, 12:02 PM
I've got sportlines. It lowers it about an inch and a half. The pro kit barely lowers it so I opted for the sportline. Rides good, not rough, and not bouncy either. I did not like the height of the car stock so I opted for the sportlines. It lowers it a solid 1, 1/2 inches from stock. not low, but definitely not tall either.

X 2KS2K
10-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by silver ep
X 2KS2K: Do you have aftermarket shocks? Also how much was the installation, and did you need an alignment?

i didn't get aftermarket shocks, partly because my mechanic said mine should be good for awhile, and partly because nobody seems to be having problems keeping the stocks.

installation was $300, alignment was an additional $60.

JSIR
10-06-2002, 05:21 PM
the pro-kits will last a long time on stock shocks without killing them. Both springs will allow the car to handle well, question is how much of a drop do you want ?. Pro-kits give you the CTR type of look/drop, Sportlines give a more agressive drop, but neither are that really slammed drop, which is good because I don't prefer a really slammed look on our cars.

IceD out N CALI
10-06-2002, 06:12 PM
because of how tall the ep sits stock it is pretty hard to be slammed on the ep

fASTBACK
10-07-2002, 08:48 AM
I got the pro-kit myself. I recomend the pro-kit because the stock shocks will last longer and it performs better IMO. No camber kits is required for the pro-kit but an alignment is with any drop. The pro-kit as stated is more like a CTR look. Its not slammed but can tell it is dropped. Depends on what you want performance wise and looks. If you want looks than go with sportlines but if you want performance than go with pro-kit.

HK_EP3
10-07-2002, 01:57 PM
ah... i see. If i get the sportskit, am i gonna need a camber kit for sure? but from the sound of it... i like the ProKit CTR look better :D

HK_EP3
10-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K

i didn't get aftermarket shocks, partly because my mechanic said mine should be good for awhile, and partly because nobody seems to be having problems keeping the stocks.

installation was $300, alignment was an additional $60.
$300 for installation?!?!??!? thats hella expensive... My friend installed his springs on his 99' si and said it was easy to do...

fASTBACK
10-07-2002, 06:20 PM
A camber kit is needed for the sportlines unless you want to replace your tires every 3 to 4 months. The older civics are easier to drop than the 2k1 and up because of the differnt suspension. Installation for me was only a 100 bucks.

IceD out N CALI
10-07-2002, 07:12 PM
i've had my sportlines since may with no camber kit, and my tires are jus fine

X 2KS2K
10-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL

$300 for installation?!?!??!? thats hella expensive... My friend installed his springs on his 99' si and said it was easy to do...

yup... i was going to install them myself, but i woulda had to buy some tools, and every place i called to rent a spring compressor was quoting like $50/day (must include life insurance or something). coulda bought a compressor for that. so i called a handful of shops for an install, and took the best price, which i still thought was ridiculous. either raleigh is just a fuggin ripoff place to get anything done, or i just don't know the right places to go... i am a newbie to NC, i'm sure i coulda got a much better deal if i were back in Chi-town. owell, what's done is done and my new springs kick ass, so all is good.

02TafWhtSi
10-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro-Kits all the way! I have them on my 02' Si and can't say enough good things about them - smooth ride, lower stance (by about an inch), reduced body roll in corners, and much better steering response - I love em! BTW, I had Sportlines on my 00' EX and they blew out my shocks within 3 months (they lowered it by almost 2 in) and the excessive negative camber wore out my tires in the same time frame! In my opinion they are too aggressive for daily street use.

HK_EP3
10-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Pro-Kits all the way! I have them on my 02' Si and can't say enough good things about them - smooth ride, lower stance (by about an inch), reduced body roll in corners, and much better steering response - I love em! BTW, I had Sportlines on my 00' EX and they blew out my shocks within 3 months (they lowered it by almost 2 in) and the excessive negative camber wore out my tires in the same time frame! In my opinion they are too aggressive for daily street use.
haha... i posted on ur thread "FINALLY - pics w/ my Pro-kits!" in members ride sayin u just made me lean more towards the pro-kit... haha:D

cram
10-08-2002, 11:08 AM
anybody running camber correction on the sportlines?

i have them and the camber isn't bad at all, but it could be me trying to convince myself that i don't need them because i really don't want to spend money on buying them =T

anybody?

02CivicSI-VTEC
10-09-2002, 02:40 PM
so the Prokit we dont really need camber kits?? For the sportline we do right??? but how does the prokit drop look like? any one have a picture posted up or have to send it to me. because im planning to drop it but i dont like the camber part. at 1st i'd thought of getting the sportline just for more drop, but im worrie about the camber...any advice for me either go for a prokit or sportline.. please send me some picture so i could see for myself.

HK_EP3
10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC
so the Prokit we dont really need camber kits?? For the sportline we do right??? but how does the prokit drop look like? any one have a picture posted up or have to send it to me. because im planning to drop it but i dont like the camber part. at 1st i'd thought of getting the sportline just for more drop, but im worrie about the camber...any advice for me either go for a prokit or sportline.. please send me some picture so i could see for myself.
there r pictures everywhere man... go to Members' ride forum..

cram
10-09-2002, 02:48 PM
the camber isn't really too bad on the sportlines..i mean it's noticeable..but little things like that just irk me...i'll see how long i go before i get camber correction =T