PDA

View Full Version : Double sided tape and fiberglass

specialblend154
03-19-2004, 10:02 PM
im going to be putting on my BC3 kit in a few days and didnt want to tap my body just to put on the sideskirts. i asked the dood at my shop and he said that you cant use double sided tape on fiberglass.. if i screwed in wheel wells and then double taped the sides on do you think it would work is is the guy on my shop right and i will have to drill into my body:'( :( :o

DarkSiRacer
03-19-2004, 10:57 PM
its better to drill the holes... the holes are gonna be hidden by the plastic wheel well covers so if you take the sideskirts off its not gonna show... I don't trust tape all that well and would rather use screws...imo

bc2k20a3
03-19-2004, 11:09 PM
yes it will work thats how i have mine attached.the only difference is that i riveted them in the rear fender and 2 rivets along the door sill.but on the part that goes on the car double sided tape.

!@#$%
03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Ya, when i put my sideskirts on I will definitely screw it twice for the front and rear wheel wells, plus use tape along the bottom underneath the doors and maybe a little where the ctr skirt flares up.

Makross
03-20-2004, 12:35 AM
if you do use double sided tape make sure to tape up the skirts to your car for 24hrs and youll be str8 thats what i did and its holding up great

!@#$%
03-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Makross
if you do use double sided tape make sure to tape up the skirts to your car for 24hrs and youll be str8 thats what i did and its holding up great

when u say for 24 hrs, do you mean leave it taped, without driving it for 24 hrs??? :confused:

Makross
03-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
when u say for 24 hrs, do you mean leave it taped, without driving it for 24 hrs??? :confused:

well you can still drive your car around:p my sides skirts are holdin up like a champ

specialblend154
03-20-2004, 03:58 PM
yeah i know that i am gonna screw in under the wheel well plastic covers but this dood is also saying i am gonna have to screw into the body... lik under the door or something... fuck him, i am just gonna tell him to screw in the wheel well and then tape the rest, i think its weird that he said i can tape if it were urethane but cant tape cause its fiberglass... i dont think he knows what hes talking about