PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter

nio619
03-20-2004, 12:34 AM
can sumone explain to me wat a rev limiter is. i been thinking bout getting a greedy exhaust. does anyone know if the gots a exhaust that sounds bassy. i want that deep huming tone. i also been thinkin bout gettin a aem short air intake. i also plan on getting greedys turborcharger kit with intercooler. if i do get this kit will i need to modify any of my internals if i get greddy, cuz i only plan on using greddys stock boost. i also plan on goin hondata only after i get my greedy kit, intercooler,and exhaust. so how does hondata work will i need to let them know whut mods i have done to my car. with the turbo kit with intercooler and exhaust help me get my car to 250hp. ive been thinking bout a motor swap with a k20a2 but it is too expensive. and it compression is pretty high, so you wont wont be able to boost much. since the k20a3 has a lower compression you can boost more. so wut do you all think should i boost or do a motor swap cuz i think ill be able to get more hp on the k20a3 boosted instead of a boosted k20a2. and its cheaper to jus boost tha k20a3. and with hondata it increases the rev limiter to 77000. if the stock was a 68000 will it hurt my engine to rev at 7700 with hondata.and wuts up with ppl and tha swaping tha type s transmission. wow one more gear. what are the benifits anyway with six gears inna ep.

myeverlovinsir
03-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by nio619
can sumone explain to me wat a rev limiter is. i been thinking bout getting a greedy exhaust. does anyone know if the gots a exhaust that sounds bassy. i want that deep huming tone. i also been thinkin bout gettin a aem short air intake. i also plan on getting greedys turborcharger kit with intercooler. if i do get this kit will i need to modify any of my internals if i get greddy, cuz i only plan on using greddys stock boost. i also plan on goin hondata only after i get my greedy kit, intercooler,and exhaust. so how does hondata work will i need to let them know whut mods i have done to my car. with the turbo kit with intercooler and exhaust help me get my car to 250hp. ive been thinking bout a motor swap with a k20a2 but it is too expensive. and it compression is pretty high, so you wont wont be able to boost much. since the k20a3 has a lower compression you can boost more. so wut do you all think should i boost or do a motor swap cuz i think ill be able to get more hp on the k20a3 boosted instead of a boosted k20a2. and its cheaper to jus boost tha k20a3. and with hondata it increases the rev limiter to 77000. if the stock was a 68000 will it hurt my engine to rev at 7700 with hondata.and wuts up with ppl and tha swaping tha type s transmission. wow one more gear. what are the benifits anyway with six gears inna ep.

Rev limiter is a fuel cut-off. It prevents the revs from going past a certain limit. Some people call this a fuel cut-off. Same thing. Another added twist to this is redline. That is a recommendation, however has no effect. The A3 stock has a redline of 6800rpm and fuel cut-off is the same (dyno measured) Your tach will show a slightly higher measurement but is not actual. I won't go into the type-S iterations.

Greddy kit with IC will not require internal mods. ep_nezay is your best bet for experienced greddy drivers. Hondata has a flash for the Greddy kit, hit them up for pricing.

I have the 6-speed (JDM LSD) and the type-S tranny does not compare period. Yeah what is up with people thinking they need another gear?:confused: I guess they think they can cruise will another gear, but the final drive is shorter in the S than the EP. Only advantage of the S tranny is the higher ratios in the lower 3 gears.

civicSIracer
03-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by nio619

dear god ive seen this answered a billion times.. SEARCH newb:mad:

rs_1101
03-20-2004, 02:00 AM
is a greedy turbocharger a turbo that uses alot of gas?

Vertigo
03-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Your being scarcastic right? ^^^^^^^

super_si_45
03-20-2004, 02:44 AM
hmm, i dunno, is it "greedy" with the gas?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaha

AntFarm9
03-20-2004, 07:41 AM
The rev limiter on ours cars always makes me laugh. Just step on the gas and the Tach needle stays at 5000 RPMS. This is on a 04 SI.

AntFarm9
03-20-2004, 07:42 AM
In Nuetral only he he he.