PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Sportline installed:) front camber kit?

siver-SI
03-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Well I just installed my Eibach Sportline and I am loving them just after a 5 min test drive. The drop makes my car look so much better and I love the ride. I have a question though I installed a camber kit in the rear but I could not find were to install the fronts. Were do I put the bolts in?

I know the car might not need it but I am going to get it in the shop since my toe was off before I dropped my EP and now that it is dropped the toe is worse so I need an alignment anyways.

thanks

downhil
03-20-2004, 08:07 PM
the eccentric bolts go in the top strut bolt hole. they replace the top bolt.

siver-SI
03-20-2004, 08:13 PM
So the replaces the top 22MM bolt then? I thought it might but the camber bolt looked so much smaller.

downhil
03-20-2004, 08:21 PM
yup. put it in there and spin the bolt, and you'll be able to see how it adjusts the camber. (remember to loosen the bottom bolt though)

siver-SI
03-20-2004, 08:44 PM
All right thanks. That will be a quick install then. Just glad I did not drop my car anymore my floor jack all most does not fit under the front jack point anymore. I had less then a finger in height for it to clear form under the car. That is also what I get for having a 3 1/2 ton jack. That would have been fun for me if I could not get the jack from under my car.

hendo999
03-21-2004, 12:19 AM
i just lowered my ep on sportlines, do you think camber corrections kits are a must have. ive been pondering this since i put them on about a month ago. i just dont wanna waste $180 if i dont have to.

Civicvtec1ps
03-21-2004, 12:35 AM
DIY for Front camber kit.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57399

Originally posted by hendo999
i just lowered my ep on sportlines, do you think camber corrections kits are a must have. ive been pondering this since i put them on about a month ago. i just dont wanna waste $180 if i dont have to.
I recommand rear camber kit with Eibach Sportlines drop.

siver-SI
03-21-2004, 07:06 AM
Yea the fronts look good without a kit but I am going to install the fronts anyways since it is going to the shop next weekend. I would say the rears need it for sure. I have to take my ep into my shop this morning since I put a little to much camber in the right rear. I have a little to much + camber and I do not want to have a wheel rub. I figure I have around a hour of work today and I am set till I get to the shop for an alignment.

Gearhead Geek
03-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by hendo999

$135 shipped from http://spc.danscreations.com
And yes, at least for the rear it's a must have. The Sportlines put you at about -1.6 degrees in the rear, which is way too much if you care about your tires.