PDA

View Full Version : pedzola - Connecticut

pedzola
03-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Edit 5/18/04

Well I know you've all been dying to see the carbon fiber type-R kit on a black EP. You'll have to forgive my camera, it's not very good, but here it is... sorry I took so long gettin pics.

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/5_18_04/IM001639.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/5_18_04/im001638.jpg

More pics can be found here: http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/5_18_04/

And here: http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/03_20_04/

Mod list:
- JDM headlights
- JDM emblems
- Carbon Fiber Type-R lip kit
- Carbon Fiber Mugen-style wing
- Eibach Pro Kit
- 16" Rays Engineering S-05 Eurostars
- Falken Ziex 512's (205/50)
- Tints (hehe)

Let me know what you think... I know I need more of a drop... or maybe just bigger rims/tires... :'(

civicSIracer
03-20-2004, 09:19 PM
car looks real good man.. needs a bit more drop.. those rims are sick and the headlights are great.. nice to see quality, not cheap black paint and fog..any plans??

pedzola
03-20-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't know about plans...

I'm thinking maybe... aem short ram? A red one? hehe I dunno... magnaflow maybe... or maybe just a muffler and not the whole deal. Just to get the sound. I'm not hell bent on performance. I get in too much trouble when I drive fast. :confused:

Other than the mugen wing I also have ephatch stickers to "install." ;) Nothin else on the list yet. I'm open to suggestions though. ;)

Here is maybe a better picture of the drop:

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/03_20_04/d_side2.jpg

ep3minivan
03-20-2004, 10:29 PM
CTR lights look great

k20hatch
03-20-2004, 11:48 PM
You make me want them headlights so bad!

anjapower
03-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Suggestions? Here's a suggestion, bring that thing down to Honda Day with us:D

Car looks nice.

Makross
03-21-2004, 12:22 AM
hey nice ride i was thinkin about gettin those wheels for my ep looks good

TrippZ
03-21-2004, 12:43 AM
very nice package, im loving the look :)

phatfreeza
03-21-2004, 03:47 AM
we finally get to see your car! and since everyone is complimenting you on the headlights, i might as well too.. those headlights are gorgeous! how much did you pay for em?

Low Rider
03-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Nice clean ride... I think 16's are the perfect size for our cars! ;) Here's a suggestion: skip the goofy wing, smaller wings are better for straight line speed anyway. If you get a muffler, go for the Spoon N1 - it sounds amazing with the stock b-pipe and the fit and finish is very sweet!!! :D

Also, if you want to stop hard, get some good brake fluid and upgrade the pads! :)

pedzola
03-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Whoah... I should stay up later. ;) Thanks guys for all the compliments!!!

Anj - I'm still debating honda-day. It would be cool to meet all you guys, especially since a few of you are probably gonna be comin out to the UConn car club car show on April 18th that I've been advertising... I guess I've still got a week to think about it. If I went I don't think I would do much racing/driving, just observe... :cool:

About the CTR headlights - they are the regular gunmetal chrome non-hid type. I got them from showstoppers for about $400 shipped.

Low rider - too late on the wing, it should be here tomorrow. lol I'll check out the Spoon N1 though, thanks!!! I was also thinking about the fluid and pads already, that might be my next upgrade. =)

Maybe rotors too? Is there a way to get bigger cooler looking rotors but stay with stock calipers? I don't want to blow $1500 on a big brake kit.... :(

Thanks again for all the feedback guys... hopefully the "big goofy wing" doesn't ruin the car... hehehe We'll see tomorrow. ;)

oogy-boogy
03-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
Suggestions? Here's a suggestion, bring that thing down to Honda Day with us:D

Car looks nice.

Nice ride and what Anj said. :D

DOn't worry, I'll probably just be hanging the whole day as well.:)

Low Rider
03-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by pedzola

Low rider - too late on the wing, it should be here tomorrow. lol I'll check out the Spoon N1 though, thanks!!! I was also thinking about the fluid and pads already, that might be my next upgrade. =)

Maybe rotors too? Is there a way to get bigger cooler looking rotors but stay with stock calipers? I don't want to blow $1500 on a big brake kit.... :(

Thanks again for all the feedback guys... hopefully the "big goofy wing" doesn't ruin the car... hehehe We'll see tomorrow. ;)

Hehe... sorry about the "big goofy wing jibe"! :D As far as the discs go, Brembo makes a beautiful slotted rotor to replace OEM but it's not any bigger - nice upgrade though... ;)

http://www.tirerack.com/images/brakes/brembo/sport_slotted_sm.jpg

pedzola
03-21-2004, 02:53 PM
hmmm I will have to check into the brake stuff further. I think I am going to try to avoid any expensive car mods for the time being, and focus on saving up some $$. Maybe this summer I will decide to blow some $$ and get the Mugen suspension or a big brake kit or something.

Can't wait to get my wing tomorrow... :D

KimchiBoy_TypeR
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
I love your F@#$N Rims man!!!!:eek:

pedzola
03-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
I love your F@#$N Rims man!!!!:eek:

:D

I was lucky enough to get them on sale from machiii.net back in december. Looks like they are still offering them discounted, but no more of the 16's left... only 17's in silver or 18's in gunmetal...

http://www.machiii.net/wheels/volk/S-05.html '

I'd be anxious to see how the 17's look... maybe I will get myself a set of those for summer... I love the gunmetal tho!! :D

SiR_d1
03-21-2004, 05:05 PM
you have the first black EP that I've seen with CTR headlights

lookin sweet

Civicvtec1ps
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Those wheels looks awesome.
Nice.
I think you should get Amber sidemakers and put stock amber front bumper lights back.

pedzola
03-22-2004, 05:20 PM
I kinda like the clear markers better. I dunno... maybe ill change my mind eventually...

Thanks for the compliments on the lights and rims again. :cool:

I GOT MY WING TODAY!! ;)

It is cool but it kinda makes me wish I had more of a drop.... I'll see if Ican get some pics maybe tomorrow. It was already dark out by the time I got it on. =\

pedzola
05-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Check out the front page for new pics -__^

Carbon Fiber lip kit, Mugen wing, etc etc.

Pics aren't the greatest but oh well... =(

Let me know what you think....

oogy-boogy
05-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Check out the front page for new pics -__^

Carbon Fiber lip kit, Mugen wing, etc etc.

Pics aren't the greatest but oh well... =(

Let me know what you think....

Car looks great Chris! Looks even better in person IMO. One sweet clean ride.......Now for the "GO" goodies. :)

Makross
05-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Kit looks wicked...

fsugatorbait
05-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I miss my black EP. :'(

Car looks great, add a OEM CF hood and your set for looks. Gorgeous! :cool:

EDIT: Have you thought about tinting your tails? Icing on the cake.

hernameis?
05-19-2004, 07:51 AM
looks great. thats pretty much what im gonna go with cept im still out on the type r cf wing or the mugen like yours. I also think im gonna go with some 17 inch cp10s in bronze. but def keep up the great work!!!!

Ep3 No.2
05-19-2004, 07:57 AM
i like the black and c/f look.
it has a stealth look to it.
keep up the good work. whats you up coming plans for the car ?

audomatik
05-19-2004, 03:07 PM
where did you get your wheels and how much? they look freakin awesome

gti434
05-19-2004, 04:21 PM
i just have to say i don't like it , rims are to small ,and the ride hight , and the lip kit doesnt look to good on a black car, you have more tire than wheel, be original any one can copy . ive seen your car thousands of times . (hey it's just my thought):p

Ep3 No.2
05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by gti434
i just have to say i don't like it , rims are to small ,and the ride hight , and the lip kit doesnt look to good on a black car, you have more tire than wheel, be original any one can copy . ive seen your car thousands of times . (hey it's just my thought):p

not tryign to hate but how can you of seen that combo thousands of times ? i know ur exhadurating but i have yet to see another ep3 with rays eurostars, and very few people on the boards have the c/f ctr kit. thats just a combo i have yet to see anywhere. keep up the good work pedzola

gti434
05-19-2004, 06:27 PM
ok every one that has a ep3 has the c/f type r kit. i guess you dont get around much then , i have people asking me to get them the kit on a daily baysis. thats y i was just sayin try to be origenal. and yes i have seen your rims on other civics.

pedzola
05-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey guys thanks for the comments.

GTI434 - I feel honored that your first 2 posts were spent bashing my car. Apparently you're from CT also. If you've seen this combo on a car in CT, it was probably me.

It's not worth my time arguing with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I like my car and I get compliments all the time from friends and strangers alike.

You can h8 if you want. :p

pedzola
05-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2

keep up the good work. whats you up coming plans for the car ?

Upcoming plans... not sure.

Intake and Exhaust maybe. Somethin to get some more go in the higher RPMs. Any ideas?

pedzola
05-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

Have you thought about tinting your tails? Icing on the cake.

I dunno I only dig the tinted tails in some pictures... I'd have to see them in person... I think maybe on a ligher EP it looks better than black... =\

pedzola
05-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
where did you get your wheels and how much? they look freakin awesome

I was lucky enough to get them on sale from www.machiii.net back in December. I think the rims themselves were $650 for the set.

Total cost for rims + tires was $1008. Thats mounted/balanced/shipped and came w/lug nuts. Pretty good deal!

http://www.machiii.net/wheels/volk/S-05.html

They still have 17 and 18 on sale but 17's are only 5-lug and silver. 18's are 4-lug and gunmetal like mine... maybe GTI434 would like those better.... lol

gti434
05-20-2004, 05:57 AM
im not hating i built other ep3's , im just tryn to tell you people you need to be original fuck this jdm shit and i want a type r it's all bs , you make your car , my ryde is me , it expresses my style my way of seeing thing's (i knew u where going to take this all the wrong way ) well your car is phat but its nothing new is what i realy should of said .;)

Low Rider
05-20-2004, 02:53 PM
To tell you the truth, I thought the car looked awesome without all the body kit crap!!! ...sorry!!! :o

pedzola
05-21-2004, 03:03 AM
I guess it isn't everyones cup of tea. I thought the car looked too plain and dumpy without the wing/kit.

Low Rider
05-21-2004, 03:28 AM
I guess it isn't everyones cup of tea. I thought the car looked too plain and dumpy without the wing/kit.

Well it's still pretty sweet!!! ;) ...after all, it's an EP!!! :D