PDA

View Full Version : H&R Cup Kit

Me ep3
03-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Anybody have this set up how is it or has anybody heard anything about them. Im thinking about putting the kit on my car.$606.00
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Civic+Si+Hatchback&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&make=H%26R&model=Cup+Suspension+Kit&group=Cup+Suspension+Kit

jaydub
03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
H&R says it's not even available yet.

jaydub
03-21-2004, 03:01 PM
If you go thru the checkout, this is what it says.

Indiana Back Order $27.75
Delaware Back Order $28.77
Nevada Back Order $17.28
Louisiana Special Order $24.20

Me ep3
03-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I saw the the backorder thing but they must be out the question is geting them.

jaydub
03-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
H&R says it's not even available yet.
so i dunno :shrug:

DeadMonkey
03-22-2004, 09:01 PM
The cup kit is slated for release mid summer. The coilover is supposed to be out before the summer.

t-rex
03-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by DeadMonkey
The cup kit is slated for release mid summer. The coilover is supposed to be out before the summer.

I called H&R in Bellingham and the guy who I spoke with wouldn't confirm anything as to a release date. Do you know someone who works there? If not, can you reveal how you know this?

Could you also tell me the difference between the cup kit and the coilover?

Thanks, DeadMonkey!

yomamaInMySi
03-23-2004, 06:35 AM
cup kit is similar to Mugen sports sus kit. Coilover is that coilover threaded body shock.

Originally posted by t-rex
I called H&R in Bellingham and the guy who I spoke with wouldn't confirm anything as to a release date. Do you know someone who works there? If not, can you reveal how you know this?

Could you also tell me the difference between the cup kit and the coilover?

Thanks, DeadMonkey!

DeadMonkey
03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
The Cup Kit is a shock and spring designed from the ground up to give you maximum lowering without sacrificing much in terms of ride comfort. The coilover is a more performance oriented suspension that is aggressively valved and sprung and is height adjustable. Basically Cup Kit = more lowering and comfort and Coilover = more performance.

As for where I got the info, let's just say that I have an inside source. =)

chubbychu
03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
The Cup Kit is a shock and spring designed from the ground up to give you maximum lowering without sacrificing much in terms of ride comfort. The coilover is a more performance oriented suspension that is aggressively valved and sprung and is height adjustable. Basically Cup Kit = more lowering and comfort and Coilover = more performance.

As for where I got the info, let's just say that I have an inside source. =)

will the cup kit help with performance at all?

DeadMonkey
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
will the cup kit help with performance at all?

Yes, the cup kit will help with performance. It's approximately 40% stiffer than stock, but the shocks are valved in such a way that it doesn't feel 40% stiffer. It's just not going to be as performance oriented as something like a coilover.

yomamaInMySi
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Yes, the cup kit will help with performance. It's approximately 40% stiffer than stock, but the shocks are valved in such a way that it doesn't feel 40% stiffer. It's just not going to be as performance oriented as something like a coilover.

And unless you're really going to adjust the ride height of your vehicle and don't care about the hassle that comes with that, I would go with a cup kit like the Mugen. It's so much better than coilovers. IMHO I think coilovers are overrated. I got my Mugen suspension and it's awesome.

t-rex
03-29-2004, 09:38 PM
On the tire rack site, it says:

Ride Height: Extreme Lowering
Note: Avg low in development.
Damping and ride height adjustable.

Do you know the drop with each, and if they're each slated for release at the same time?

I just wish we had a better idea of when they'll hit the market.