PDA

View Full Version : Comptech VS JDM?

SiR_YO
03-21-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm about to do a serious face lift for my suspension cuz I realized getting just the Tein SS's wasn't enough. My question is, what components are essential, and which ones are not? I love comptech's quality and fitment, but I'm wondering if the JDM stuff would be better.. they'r priced ABOUT the same.

for front, I'm looking at the the comptech titanium strut bar
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/150-030.jpg

and possibly the Alex

http://www.aj-racing.com/alex/chassis/Alex-FSTB-EP3-DSC00104.jpg

any other JDM front strut bars that will fit the USDM ep3???

for the rear, I'm debating on the CTR 22mm sway,
or the comptech rear sway/tie bar combo.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/140-115

as for the rear strut bar, would it make a huge difference if I got one? or would it be too much oversteer (if I already have either the CTR sway, or the comptech one?) any JDM rear struts that will fit our car? (or is it only the front have fitment issues?)

any comments or testimonials or advice will be much appreciated

Low Rider
03-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I have the Comptech titanium front tower brace but, I went with the Mugen rear sway... ;) (25mm) :D

yomamaInMySi
03-22-2004, 01:02 PM
By looking at the pics, I wouldn't buy the Alex upper strut bar. It has pivot points, thus it defeats the purpose of an upper bar. I can't tell about the comptech, but if it doesn't have pivot points, the go for that one.

SiR_YO
03-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
I have the Comptech titanium front tower brace but, I went with the Mugen rear sway... ;) (25mm) :D

how's the comptech? damn.. 25mm eh.. did you have to get new endlinks?

SiR_YO
03-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
By looking at the pics, I wouldn't buy the Alex upper strut bar. It has pivot points, thus it defeats the purpose of an upper bar. I can't tell about the comptech, but if it doesn't have pivot points, the go for that one.

I don't believe the comptech has pivot points.. just a bit pricy.. the alex bar looks sexy though :P ... I know spoon doesn't fit, mugen has no app.. maybe the J's racing???

2002EP
03-22-2004, 02:46 PM
From what I know, the J's Racing is EXACTLY like the Mr.Alex, but it has red accents instead of blue accents.

Low Rider
03-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by SiR_YO
how's the comptech? damn.. 25mm eh.. did you have to get new endlinks?

When I took the Comptech out of the box I was blown away by how light it is - holy smokes (feather light)! The Mugen rear sway fits like a glove right out of the box. It's listed under 'RSX' at www.kingmotorsports.com ;)

SiR_YO
03-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
When I took the Comptech out of the box I was blown away by how light it is - holy smokes (feather light)! The Mugen rear sway fits like a glove right out of the box. It's listed under 'RSX' at www.kingmotorsports.com ;)

so the comptech is nice eh? notice any difference at all? it's hollow but yet strong cuz of the titanium I'm guessing.. any pivot points?

ya.. for $390 US I think I'd rather go the comptech rear sway/tie bar combo.. or for a lot less I'm just gonna go CTR rear sway with CTR endlinks