PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 04' suspension on 02-03????

icegrill
03-21-2004, 06:53 PM
What happened to the guy who bought the 04' suspension and said it was lower than the 03? Anyone have any pics or can verify that the springs are different part numbers. Thanks

icegrill
03-23-2004, 09:14 AM
bump for some answers!

LannyM
03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
He said he was having problems resizing his pictures, so I e-mailed him and told him if he sent me the pictures I would host them and post them here. He e-mailed back and said he would send them, but he never did. I sent him another e-mail and I never heard back....

As far as part numbers go, there ARE different part numbers for the 04s, but no one here seems to know what the differences are, if any. I will quote from a PM from StoopSi, who is a Honda parts manager-

"There are different part numbers on the suspension pieces for the '04 in comparison to the '02-03. We already know about the 5-lug hub and rotors, but there are also different knuckles, shocks, and springs. The lower control arms are the same however. I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes in height, if any."

I'm sure he would be glad to get you the part numbers, if you wanted.

The 04 tire is close to an inch taller than the 02/03, but the car itself is the same height. Also, the distance from the center of the wheel to the fender is the same, which in my mind creates a contradiction. If the suspension was the same height between the two cars, the 04 should be taller due to the taller tire, but it's not, so the suspension must be lower. But if the suspension was lower, the distance between the center of the wheel and the fender would be less on the 04, and it's not.....