PDA

View Full Version : Just finished will all basic bolt on's!!

03EP3Si
03-22-2004, 11:58 AM
I just finished adding the final piece to my puzzle! I installed my Fujitsubo RM 01A exhaust. This is complimented by my AEM cold air, DC Header, and Megan Racing down pipe/Free Flow Cat. Also i have the Caspers 02 Sim that has stopped my check engine light for about 500 miles now and still going strong! After I installed the exhaust i took it for a test run. The car pulls extremely hard, like im talking i just install another set of headers and cold air, hard lol. Im guessing that small ass mid pipe was holding all the air flow back. I used the new G-tech and pulled a best time 0-60 in 6.6 seconds feathering the clutch at 2500-3000 rpms with mininal tire spin! Im going to dyno this saturday at my friend shop on his Dyna Pack. I will post dyno sheets if anyone is interested! Sorry for rambling lol I was just so excited that i had to let it out! LOL lataz!! :D :D

4g63dsm
03-22-2004, 01:10 PM
please post up your numbers

03EP3Si
03-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Saturday im going to get it dynoed so i will post to let you guys know, i know i might be exagerating, but im feeling a 160whp dyno!! pray for me!!!! :D

ep3minivan
03-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Good luck, I am anxious to see the numbers.

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Im Very anxious myself. I will post the dyno sheets either saturday night or sunday.

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Anyone one wanna take bets on what the numbers will be???? lol

BlairSpeed
03-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Can you rate and review your exhaust for us. Id like to know how loud it is, etc. thanks

NuG
03-23-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm calling 147 whp +/- 3 hp. Good luck with the Dyno!

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 10:35 AM
bro i dynoed 148 the two weeks ago with a messed up intake and no exhaust lol , im shootting for 155. any one else guessing numbers?

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I have a header with a straight through CAT from Megan Racing. At Idle that car sounds very close to stock and only gets loud when you get on it but by that point your intake will start to Take over. The exhaust is the Fujitsubo RM 01A. this is the link to it: http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/

I love it, sounds deep when you driving. Cops wont bust balls since its not that loud it will only get a little louder when you get on it as i said before. all in all its a beautiful exhaust. Fujitsubo is probably one of the best exhaust systems made for JDM Vehicles hands down.

03EP3Si
03-24-2004, 05:16 AM
ARG its only Wednesday.......

03EP3Si
03-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Two More Days till dyno

silvercivic33
03-25-2004, 10:31 AM
can you maybe hook up a sound clip of that fujitsubo??? :D

03EP3Si
03-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Yes! i might be able to. ill see if i can tonight. dyno should be posted either saturday night or sunday.

brian1g
03-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
Yes! i might be able to. ill see if i can tonight. dyno should be posted either saturday night or sunday.

i'm glad you are getting a dyno run on your car!! i hope it puts down close to what the race headers are doing, around 160whp?? oh, how was the install of the high flow cat/downpipe and the 02 sim?

Tenacious G
03-25-2004, 07:27 PM
160 whp may be a bit of a strech. i'd be more inclined to say you'll see 155-ish. but if you do put down 160, that'll be great. just don't be too disappointed if you don't.

03EP3Si
03-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes im shooting for 160 or close to it. The install of the High flow cat was easy. it bolted up nicely from the end of the header to my Cat back exhaust. and the 02 sim went in between the harness of the 02 sensor that plugs into the Cat. i reset the ecu. and never saw the CEL again :D

03EP3Si
03-25-2004, 10:35 PM
well lets put it this way, i dynoed two weeks ago at 148. now this was with a real real real messed up cold air that i rigged to extend my aem cold air. not to mention the dam filter was so dirty that it left black stains in my garage sink lol and i had no exhaust system at the time. header and high flow cat were installed. so im guessing with the cleaned and repositions CAI. all exhaust leaks fixed and my new fujistubo exhaust. im shooting for very close to 160. im saying very close because it might be a humid day on saturday morning if its dry and cooler i should be at 160. im keeping my fingers crossed! :)

03EP3Si
03-27-2004, 04:36 PM
OK well keeping my fingers crossed wasnt enough, i dynoed today and i put down 153.6 so lets say 154 and 128 torque. Its better from my previos dyno witch was 148. i have those two dynos put together on the same sheet. The power i gained cause of the exhausat was pretty nuts. you can see the dignificant change after 4000 rmps. im going to post up the sheet as soon as i can. also i will add, i drove the car in the rain to the dyno place and humidity was at 75 percent according to the dyno machine. i dunno if those are ok numers for humid temperatures. but i will try to dyno again on a more non humid day and see what i put out! thanks for reading guys! ill post the dyno up soon.

chubbychu
03-27-2004, 05:03 PM
sweeeeet!

03EP3Si
03-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I dunno what else to do now to make more power. I dont want to use forced induction... i want to really see whats the most power this K20A3 can make. If anyone has any suggestion please post cause im lost now lol. i was thinking hondata but im not sure so other than that im stumped. please people post and help lol.

brian1g
03-27-2004, 05:59 PM
congrads on the good numbers :cool: !!!i'm kinda in the same position you are as far as mods go. i am really looking into the jr supercharger or i may just spray, never thought i would say that :D . hey almost forgot to ask, what rims were you runnin on? that can make a huge difference too.

03EP3Si
03-27-2004, 06:03 PM
honestly my dyno was done on a dyna pack. so they take the rims off and connect you to a machine, which give you very similar numers to having a wheel on. and not for nothing my numbers would be the same anyway cause i have a light weight wheel. its the nippon F2 racing wheels basically a spoon replica. they weigh 14 pounds. so light i can play catch with them if i wanted to lol but yeah thats the deal. im posting the dyno sheet soon. im outta here going out! have a good saturday night everone! UNO!

03EP3Si
03-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok i have the dyno on my pc im going to post it in a few minutes. so you can see the before and after with the exhaust and clean air filter.

03EP3Si
03-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Ok heres my dyno. before exhaust and after i installed the exhaust. enjoy!!!

Does anyone think alittle Fuel tuning will help me break that 160 whp barrier??

If anyone wants to know what i have installed, just look down at my signature it tells you all my mods.
http://www.westnet.com/~laura/DynoSi.bmp

03EP3Si
03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
ENJOY! :D

2pointslowEP3
04-03-2004, 10:54 PM
pretty good HP #'s, but what's up with the torque...why is it all over the place?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-03-2004, 11:13 PM
ummmm....HONDATA.....what are you waiting for??

03EP3Si
04-04-2004, 09:46 AM
I honestly dont know whats wrong with me torque curve. I was checking all day yesterday for exhaust leaks but i found none. pretty wierd but also i dont have a Real CAT its more of a straight pipe design more like a resognator. that might be why.. not enough back pressure to keep a nice torque curve. And as for Hondata...i just installed "myself" the intake manifold heatshield gasket. im still kinda iffy on the hondata..i dunno if the gains "if there even are any gains" make it worth the price....so i dunno, but my next step are the nology hot wires, my iridium spark plugs were just installed after the dyno so im just waiting some money to pick up those wires.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
I honestly dont know whats wrong with me torque curve. I was checking all day yesterday for exhaust leaks but i found none. pretty wierd but also i dont have a Real CAT its more of a straight pipe design more like a resognator. that might be why.. not enough back pressure to keep a nice torque curve. And as for Hondata...i just installed "myself" the intake manifold heatshield gasket. im still kinda iffy on the hondata..i dunno if the gains "if there even are any gains" make it worth the price....so i dunno, but my next step are the nology hot wires, my iridium spark plugs were just installed after the dyno so im just waiting some money to pick up those wires.

you've obviously never driven an ep with hondata.
there definitely are gains and driveability is greatly increased.
not to mention the higher redline.
personally i dropped 1/2 second in the 1320 and gained 2mph with the addition of Hondata.
have you ever read a review of someone who installed hondata that wasn't less than amazed? if so please show me.
skip the nology wires and go for Hondata...
if you ever decide to get serious with your mods you can upgrade to the Hondata KPRO programmable ECU to control WHATEVER path you decide to take, be it all motor, n20, turbo, s/c, etc.

03EP3Si
04-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Im gonna look into it then i just need to save the bills in order to get it 600 its quite a shot bro.... well obviously nothing compared to what ive already spent but right now im all cleaned out so, i gotta start saving for it.