PDA

View Full Version : Uk owner says Hi

Jonny Type R
07-04-2002, 01:33 PM
UK Type R Owner just like to say hi.
Do you get the Civic in Milano Red in the States?
Cheers,
Jon

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jon.collins3/images/June 2002 005.jpg

02TafWhtSi
07-04-2002, 01:41 PM
No and my God does it look nice in red. Damn you Honda - save the best for the Brits and send us what you "think" we want. When will they ever wake up?! -BTW - really nice car man!:)

sharknose
07-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Another Brit here! :D

Just thought I'd say hi here as well, after seeing one of your fellow countrymen post on one of our forums :D

I was wondering if you guys will be getting the new Integra Type-R (the new Integra is now called the RSX I believe over there, and last I saw you only had the Type-S :( )
Us in the UK don't get the new Teg/RSX Type-R at all unless we import from Japan. Hence why I'll have to buy myself the old one instead.

Cheers,

02TafWhtSi
07-04-2002, 01:52 PM
yeah - the RSX Type S is a really nice car but oooh...can't wait for either the Type R Civic and/or Type R RSX (Integra). Again, when will Honda see the potential!? Also - How much are your Civic Type R's selling for in England? I think I can adjust it into US dollars if you post it. Are the dealerships over there selling them over sticker price?

sharknose
07-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
yeah - the RSX Type S is a really nice car but oooh...can't wait for either the Type R Civic and/or Type R RSX (Integra). Again, when will Honda see the potential!? Also - How much are your Civic Type R's selling for in England? I think I can adjust it into US dollars if you post it. Are the dealerships over there selling them over sticker price?

If I recall, 15,995 sterling. Apparently you have to pay an extra 400 more for Black or Red (rather than Silver).... but because theres a 4 month waiting list at the moment, some dealers aren't charging extra. If we import from Europe, we can save around about 3000... and the waiting list isn't much more.

Its a bit silly, and if I brought from Europe, the car would get shipped from Swindon (where they make them), about 50 miles away from where I live, across to Holland or Belgium say, then all the way back..... and its still cheaper!

We can import the new Japanese ITR into the UK, and that goes for around 23,000.

I bet you when you do your conversion to dollors, you'll be shocked at how much we pay for our cars! :rolleyes:

Jonny Type R
07-04-2002, 02:00 PM
It works out at $24,400
Is that bad?

stingyboy
07-04-2002, 03:22 PM
the sticker price here for the Si is $19,000.

i'd sure like to get the type-r body kits for the front/rear/sides of my car. do they sell those kits there? and for how much?

Jonny Type R
07-04-2002, 04:50 PM
If you want to see some more Type R pics have a look at the Gallery page on my site:)
www.civictype-r.co.uk (http://www.civictype-r.co.uk)

Mechanic
07-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Jonny Type R: Not only do we not get the dynamite red color, we don't get the Type R either. You car looks great. I first learned about the Type R from an article in Car magazine. I assume the reason that Honda opted not to export the car to the States was to preserve the market for the Acura RSX-S, but -- as reflected on this board -- most of us would much prefer the Honda Type R. Hopefully, we'll get it in a year or so. Thanks for you post and pictures.

ColinCivicSiR
07-04-2002, 07:03 PM
We get the red here in Canada, here it is called the Si-R

Colin

DownTheHatch
07-04-2002, 07:07 PM
Jonny the pictures in your gallery are so hot, when I left the site I cleared my History and deleted my Temporary Internet Files.

02TafWhtSi
07-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Jonny the pictures in your gallery are so hot, when I left the site I cleared my History and deleted my Temporary Internet Files.

LOL:D - I feel equally as dirty after viewing them!

1fastminivan
07-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Jonny Type R
so how does it feel?Fast?handles?top speed?anything!!
I love the Type R!
Your'e so lucky man!
I hope maybe one day the CTR does come over. I pray everynight before I go to bed after watching a couple of old simpsons episodes. :cool:

sharknose
07-05-2002, 12:36 AM
Guys, if you want to see the performance specs of the UK CTR, just wander over to www.honda.co.uk :) There should be a link to the Type-R section.

Not sure how it compares with the Si.

Jonny Type R
07-05-2002, 01:46 AM
I also have the stats on my site
www.civictype-r.co.uk (http://www.civicttype-r.co.uk)

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2002, 03:42 PM
I wonder how much the CTR will sell for if it ever does make its way over here. Maybe around $22.5k?

2k2civicSi
07-05-2002, 09:32 PM
bye bye gti
lol love the ctr i want to paint my si red so bad

K20NutBucket
07-06-2002, 04:59 AM
Its so like the states to play with our emotions.....damn them..hehe. That red is just pretty, so pretty.