PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light ?

degasisj
03-22-2004, 10:09 PM
my SRS light on my dash stays on at all times...has anybody else experienced this problem and if so what caused it ?

TAK
03-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Did you happen to remove/unplug your front seats , then turn on your key. If so that will do it (I know this from experiance) I think I have some info on resetting it Ill look for it and post later, also your dealer can reset it,but I forget to tell em about it everytime I go in.
TAK

glw
03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by degasisj
my SRS light on my dash stays on at all times...has anybody else experienced this problem and if so what caused it ? yep, had my srs control unit replaced under warranty... take it to the dealer.

degasisj
03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
actually i did recently unplug my passenger seat. i was installing some stereo equipment there...now to figure out how to reset it.

blackout
03-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by glw
yep, had my srs control unit replaced under warranty... take it to the dealer.

me too. they are even gonna fix my cracked wind shield under warranty.:D

EP_404349
03-26-2004, 01:21 AM
yep I have this problem too... Honda said they'll reset it for $75... they said that they'll hook it up to a computer and it'll find any problem with it... then they will use the $75 towards fixing the problem... something like that... I'm going to take mine in to the dealer...

TAK
03-26-2004, 12:52 PM
I think this is the fix..

Directions for erasing memory on SRS light
1st you need to either buy or make the "SCS Service Connector." I used a speaker harness for and older Honda which you can buy at a local stereo shop such as Circuit City or Best Buy, and cut the wires and looped them together. You can also use a paperclip but that will make it a little more difficult because you have to connect it and disconnect it a few times quickly.
2nd you need to find the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector which is pictured below: (Click to enlarge)
MES Plug in Fuse box.

**pictures removed at source**

It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.

(quoted from http://www.teamdelsol.com/)

[Modified by dogpile5, 2:58 PM 4/3/2003]

[Modified by dogpile5, 2:59 PM 4/3/2003]
_______

MY MOP!!!

ApexinSi
03-27-2004, 08:25 AM
ok i am an expert at SRS lights, my car has seen the dealer at least 6 times for this problem. first of all i dont mean to sound like an angry mexican.. but... GET THIS FIXED BEFORE YOUR WARRENTY RUNS OUT!!! chances are they'll get it turned off and it will come right back on in a few weeks. I could go into tons of detail with this stupid SRS light but i wont. the final conclusion to my SRS problem was that the MAIN SRS controller was replaced(after many other parts were replaced), this involved removing the center consol and dash to get to the computer... since then the SRS light doesn't stay on.. *knocks on wood... so take it to the dealer before they make u pay labor fees cause ur warrenty is up.

that thing TAK described will reset your SRS system, easier to just use paper clips rather than buying that controller... but if the SRS light comes back on after doing all that, then its DEALERSHIP TIME!!..MUHAHAHAHA!!!! those sneaky bastards!!

ntonyazn
03-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Every one who owns a honda should write this down somewhere :)

Cause: Cables underneath seats were disconnected, Srs fuse was removed, etc..

solution: This will definitely work since I fixed my myself.

1. Look underneath dash, near fusebox, for a 2-wire yellow plug, disconnect it and pull it down so you can work with it.
2. Turn ignition OFF
3. Jumper the 2 wires together (cut paperclip in half and straighten, insert one end of both halves into back end of plug where each wire goes in, touch them together and hold)
4. Turn ignition ON (SRS light will turn on for 6 seconds, then turn off).
5. Within 4 Seconds of SRS light turning off, unjumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn ON)
6. Within 4 seconds of SRS light turning on, jumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn OFF)
7. Within 4 seconds of SRS light turning off, unjumper the 2 wires (SRS light will blink ON and OFF, indicating SRS function is reset).

Good Luck

degasisj
03-28-2004, 09:08 AM
thanks for all the info i will definetly hold onto it. i went to the dealer and they plugged thier computer into my ep and reset the srs light. hopefully it doesnt come back on, but i am sure it was only because i unplugged the wire harness under the seat.

Black 02 SI
04-11-2004, 09:47 AM
just did this worked like a charm :)