PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (write up)

Chinaboy
03-22-2004, 11:04 PM
hey all... as a detailing fantic, I am very very uptight about wax and stuff... recently with the new arrival of new Meguiars wax product line NXT generation, I decided to try their new wax.

Supposably this new wax has sythetic polymer with the wax... before hand, only companies like Zaino had sythetic polymers as a protectant. But with this new wax it has also got it.

It is easy as butter to put on and take off... dries really nice and its very very clean to use, no buildup, no over powerderage.

Since the EP3 is white, I decided to go with my TSX to see the color difference. small scratches were totally gone. The car looks like if it came out of the dealership. I did the hood half way to see the difference, and you can see it in the light believe it or not.

It has a mirror like image that only zaino and other higher class sealants had, and is great!

Price wise... it is currently the most expensive off the shelf wax that any supplier carries... at 14.99 a bottle. It comes in a box. A bottle of wax and a a hand applicator pad.

I think everyone should go out and get this wax product

Usage: 10
Value: 10
Price: 8

Overall: 9.5

03SiGuy
03-23-2004, 04:56 AM
this is deffinetly some of the best wax you can buy on the shelves hands down. im gonna buff on a second coat of it to my white ep this weekend.:)

Ep3 No.2
03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
agreed only wax i use on my ep3...good stuff

RedLight_Si
03-24-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a black EP and I am a strict Zaino user but I gave this stuff a try tonight and am intially very impressed.It goes on more easily,smoothly and evenly than Zaino(the older formula) but is a bit harder to remove than Zaino(older). I found the finish it left is comparable to Zaino(older),possibly better,but I dont know yet because when I got done with the car it was dark.But,going by the lights at the car wash, swirl marks are barely noticeable after the first coat. I imagine another coat or two soon would leave no evidence of swirl marks. It seems to deal with swirls better than Zaino(older)(maybe). Im anxious to see how the car looks in the sun/daylight and after a couple days though before placing judgement,but so far again im impressed.

VIZHUNZ02SI
03-24-2004, 08:40 PM
where can i find zaino wax
i saw that nxt tech and i became iffy about it
and is zymol good too

Chinaboy
03-24-2004, 08:52 PM
you can get zaino on their website only....

starter kit is 82 dollars

www.zainobros.com

try the NXT before you become iffy about it.

NuG
03-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Meguiars came to our So Cal 7's meet today at Crevier BMW. They put on a demonstration of their products. Before this I was a die hard zaino guy but zaino does not treat scratches, it merely hides it. Zaino even admits this with their Z5 filler.

First they clay barred the area on my hood and used quick detail. With the Orbital machine the guys applied their Cleaner Wax wiped it off with a microfiber and then applied the NXT wax with the orbital. After they orbitaled the NXT off the results were amazing. My 740 had spider web scratches and this simple process removed many of the scratches in my 8 year old paint. I was really impressed and I will be using more of their products.

Zaino is good stuff but I am always left confused on what to use on top of zaino for maintaining the wet look. Meguiars seems to have all sorts of products that will treat, clean, polish and keep clean all in their line up. To me that makes a difference because they know which products work together or not.

AkronSi
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
Supposably this new wax has sythetic polymer with the wax... before hand, only companies like Zaino had sythetic polymers as a protectant. But with this new wax it has also got it.

Just wanted to add that synthetic "waxes" have been around for quite some time. Klasse has been around for 25 years. Meguiar's has sold synthetic "waxes" for awhile too including #20 Polylmer Sealent, #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax and Medallion Premium Paint Protection.

So, Meguair's had a long history to build on with this wax. Their other stuff just wasn't easy to find.

NuG, I think tha Zaino has their own quick detailer to use with their system. RedLight_Si, should know for sure.

HondCivc91
03-29-2004, 04:32 PM
I've waxed three cars in the past couple weeks using the new Nxt Generation Tech Wax by Meguiars and I've found awesome results. My Civic is white and it didn't turn out anything different then what I have been doing ... I could tell that scratches did diminish tho. Then I waxed my mom's '98 black Nissan Pathfinder SE for the REAL test. It turned out AWESOME!! The paint hasnt been necessarily taken care of but it hasnt gone a year without something getting put on the car.
After the Pathfinder I put it on my girlfriend's '01 Nissan Sentra SE in hunter green and it turned out alright. Not as great as the Pathfinder but it looked good. For some reason you could see how I put the wax on in a circular motion and even after taking it off it was dark in some spots and light in others. But then again, I don't think her car has ever been waxed, maybe just polished every year, so it's not in show room condition but still looks new.

Welp, thats my 02

Me ep3
03-29-2004, 08:10 PM
NXT TechWax works very well just used it today.:cool:

iVtec si
03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
I love that stuff. it's definatly worth the money.

siver-SI
04-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I might try it out this weekend. Just have to find the place out by me that has it in stock.

SiR_d1
04-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I might try it out this weekend. Just have to find the place out by me that has it in stock.

ditto

Ep3 No.2
04-03-2004, 09:02 AM
hehehe already got 3 bottles sitting in the garage for me =OP

icegrill
04-04-2004, 05:10 PM
I just detailed my car today.
1. Clay barred entire car
2. Klasse paint cleaner
3. 2 coats of Meguiars nxt(very good product) blows away all the really expensive products I've used in the past. No dust at all a big plus.

Only negative part of today was there was some shit embedded into one of my "clean" microfiber towels and I put a small scratch in the roof of my car from it. I was so pissed, it's hardly visible but still what a fucking ripoff. Lesson learned examine towel with microscope before use. :mad:

siver-SI
04-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I got to find a place that has the wax in stock. Went to all the stores around me that carry Meguiars and none of them had the good wax or wash.

AkronSi
04-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I got to find a place that has the wax in stock. Went to all the stores around me that carry Meguiars and none of them had the good wax or wash.

Have you tried Target and WalMart? I've also seen it at Advance Auto Parts.

siver-SI
04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AkronSi
Have you tried Target and WalMart? I've also seen it at Advance Auto Parts.

Got it today. Autozone got it in yesterday. Yea I did try them all but Advance since they are not out by me.

k20hatch
04-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Im gonna test this wax out this weekend. My friends who have used it said its awsome and they love it!

RedLight_Si
04-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RedLight_Si
I have a black EP and I am a strict Zaino user but I gave this stuff a try tonight and am intially very impressed.It goes on more easily,smoothly and evenly than Zaino(the older formula) but is a bit harder to remove than Zaino(older). I found the finish it left is comparable to Zaino(older),possibly better,but I dont know yet because when I got done with the car it was dark.But,going by the lights at the car wash, swirl marks are barely noticeable after the first coat. I imagine another coat or two soon would leave no evidence of swirl marks. It seems to deal with swirls better than Zaino(older)(maybe). Im anxious to see how the car looks in the sun/daylight and after a couple days though before placing judgement,but so far again im impressed.

Ive put another coat on and have to say Im not that impressed anymore. Swirls marks,while not very noticeable after buffing it off,show up again a day or two later. The finish it leaves is shiny and does have a glow to it but has a fake oily look to it,where as Zaino to me leaves a true looking finish. It is non abrasive and does contain UV blockers like Zaino,but it contains silicones,which Zaino does not. Back to Zaino I go.

siver-SI
04-11-2004, 03:34 PM
I put it one yesterday and it looks good. I like how deep it looks. I guess I will have to wait and see how it does in the long run.

ChumsGum
04-12-2004, 07:16 AM
http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html

You guys have got to try Blackfire. It too is a silicone polymer wax like Zaino. Blackfire is just as durable, it cost less, and I found their 2-step application easier compared to Zaino. I applied only one coat of Blackfire on my Honda Element six months ago and it still looks and protects as it did when I first applied it.

RedLight_Si
04-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ChumsGum
http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html

You guys have got to try Blackfire. It too is a silicone polymer wax like Zaino. Blackfire is just as durable, it cost less, and I found their 2-step application easier compared to Zaino. I applied only one coat of Blackfire on my Honda Element six months ago and it still looks and protects as it did when I first applied it.

I dont think Zaino is a silicone nor a wax. It is a protective "polish". However it is non abrasive.

phantasia
04-25-2004, 07:11 PM
ive used meguiars gold class liquid wax for the past few years and i love it. do you think the nxt outperforms gold class? i have a black ep, and the shine is absolutely perfect, it looks like a wet mirror. no swirls, scratches, etc. if im happy with the gold class, is there any reason to switch to nxt?

Chinaboy
04-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by phantasia
ive used meguiars gold class liquid wax for the past few years and i love it. do you think the nxt outperforms gold class? i have a black ep, and the shine is absolutely perfect, it looks like a wet mirror. no swirls, scratches, etc. if im happy with the gold class, is there any reason to switch to nxt?

its easier to take off... that is it right there that is the difference

chubbychu
04-25-2004, 10:18 PM
cant justify spending 15 bucks on wax...=o( what about the spray kind?

SiR_d1
04-28-2004, 06:04 PM
is that how much the NXT cost in the states?? $15USD!!??

03SiGuy
04-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
is that how much the NXT cost in the states?? $15USD!!??

yes and its worth every penny! ;)

Karim
05-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by phantasia

Yup we did my friend Black s2k that hadn't been waxed in over 6 monthes and with no paint prep this is how the results came out... http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203968 (I'm the person in the 2nd pic who needs to shave and he's the person in the 3rd giving the camera the finger :D)

The results were great. I'm gonna stick to Zaino myself as it's much more durable and last much longer.

But for the price and for anyone that waxes their car often enough that durability isn't a major concern, the nxt is a great product.

Karim

portugeetex
05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
great stuff, got it last weekend easy on easy off.

ViViDPeArL
05-13-2004, 02:09 PM
here's my experience with the wax...

http://revrcshop.com/siwax/wax01.jpg
http://revrcshop.com/siwax/wax02.jpg

got my bottle for 12 bucks at autozone with employee discount :D

works good...me likes...i hate the stuff that you have to buff forever...although i think those are suppose to turn out better?

513n179
05-15-2004, 12:03 PM
i just finished waxing my car using this product.

works great and smells good too

2.25CrushBent
05-17-2004, 06:20 PM
i've been usin this stuff from the week it came out. So far after 3 waxs i've noticed that it last longer then any other product that i've used before. And after each was it looks like a brand new car, very pleased :)

ImportCustomx
06-30-2004, 01:01 AM
ive just started using it...my hood looks amazing..the rest of the car is fuggin so incrediable..im sooooooo happy..by far the best product in the world