PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this happen?

iVtec si
03-23-2004, 07:01 AM
the light on the far right side of my instrument panel is out. so now I can't see how much gas I have at night. it just went out yesterday, does anyone one know if it is just a fuse?

peace

ep3nightkid
03-23-2004, 07:09 AM
it should just be a fuse or a bulb,but go to the dealer,your cars still probably under warranty,and they should take care of it

iVtec si
03-23-2004, 07:32 AM
I was hopein' I could avoid the dealership on this one, but thanks

iVtec si
03-23-2004, 07:32 PM
anyone have any thoughts?

Jay H
03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
I would really think that this is a bulb problem. Not many manufacturers would have one fuse in the fuse panel for one instrument panel bulb.

If you want to try replacing the bulb yourself, the black plastic bezel that surrounds the instruments just pops out. I watched the dealer replace my bezel and they started at the top with a thin screwdriver and popped it out. There are two tabs on the lower edge (if I remember well) that hold the bezel in the car.

I have never replaced instrument panel lights on an EP, but I would assume with this bezel out of the way, you might be able to remove the instruments and get to the bulbs that should be behind the guages. Again, I've not done this procedure and this may be incorrect for an EP, but I've taken many a dash apart in my years to replace bulbs and they can't make it too hard to replace bulbs.

Jay
03 Si

ep3nightkid
03-24-2004, 06:45 PM
that sounds about right,i was guessing it was a bulb or something ill stick with Jay H on this one.

iVtec si
03-24-2004, 07:04 PM
werd, I apreciate the advice. I may try that in the next few days. I'm cool as long as they don't all go out.

peace