PDA

View Full Version : srs light

MINIVANKILLER
10-06-2002, 03:47 PM
I took out my passenger and back seats this weekend, and unpluged my airbag unit that is pluged into the bottom part of the passenger seat. Now my SRS light comes on and stays on. I tried the take the battery cable off for 10 mins trick, yet this has not worked. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THIS LIGHT OFF WITHOUT TAKING IT TO HONDA? Any help will be greatly appreciated.......:angel:

02blksi
10-06-2002, 03:57 PM
"I took out my passenger and back seats this weekend, and unpluged my airbag unit that is pluged into the bottom part of the passenger seat."

why?? --:confused:

maybe hondatech can help you out with this one. --joe

SiCivic2k2
10-06-2002, 06:09 PM
I have the same problem, but I'm not sure what caused the SRS light to come on. I never removed my seats. This light came on after I had my subwoofer and amp installed. I'm assuming they triggered something. I would also not like to take it in to the dealership if I don't have to.

IceD out N CALI
10-06-2002, 06:30 PM
is the seat still unplugged from the srs unit?

Silvershadow
10-07-2002, 01:32 AM
Consult shop manual,but you probably don't have one.Honda calls for a special reset device,but it's only a jumper wire.If it's like other Hondas it involves the jumper wire & turning the ignition on & off.Involes timing too. Look in a friend's Acura or Honda Manual for reset procedures under the SRS section(likely in the back ).

A WARNING about SRS.Follow shop manual very carefully.Otherwise working on the car(e.g. stereo install,Steering wheel R&R,etc.) could cause the air bag to deploy!If like 1997 Accord ,when SRS light is lit the Airbags are not functional.

themi6group
10-07-2002, 04:35 AM
just take it to the dealership. they'll reset it in 30 secs. just don't tell them you removed the seats. there's probably nothing wrong but once you mess with the circuitry they come on. the only way for them to reset is with the srs check system at the dealership.

MINIVANKILLER
10-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Thank you for the info. I have reset many of the older model Accords, yet I figured our cars would be different.

I pulled the seats out to try to get into the 15's. I ran a 16.05 and did not break into the 15's, however it was about 90 degrees. It was a blast, but I do not want to be charged for that fun at the dealership. I will try them anyway and maybe they will not say anything.