PDA

View Full Version : custom muffler?

phatfreeza
03-23-2004, 01:06 PM
okay, i'm in the process of gettting a 2.25 midpipe. i want to know if i get a custom muffler, will it give me a deeper sound? i know that a full catback exhaust system is pretty deep, and i really like the deep vroom when you start up the car. can this sound be achieved with a custom muffler? if so, what do i need to tell the muffler shop? cuz i know the midpipe itself doesn't give that deep deep tone. just wondering. thanks for reading :)

BlairSpeed
03-23-2004, 02:01 PM
it would make sense.

Btrthnezr3
03-23-2004, 02:07 PM
When I had my 4 Door Civic, I had a muffler shop make me a custom catback with some crushed bent piping and a muffler that I had purchased (PowerTech Muffler from DynamicAutoDesign.com). It sounded really nice and held up superbly well throughout 2 years of beating it took from my car being severely slammed and getting dented from a boulder that was on the freeway one day. It sounded excellent...had a nice deep tone and was easy to keep clean. People always asked me if it was an Apexi N1. There are some pics of the muffler on my old car at www.cardomain.com/id/btrthnezr3
Good Luck man! :D

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 02:08 PM
well depending on what kindve muffler you get. if you get some cheap ass 100 dollar muffler your gonna sound like a Fart bomb raspy and shit. And extremely loud even with a resognator. If you want a nice sound i advise just gettin a cat back exhaust like magnaflow or somthing. just my 2 cents bro :D UNO!

Btrthnezr3
03-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
well depending on what kindve muffler you get. if you get some cheap ass 100 dollar muffler your gonna sound like a Fart bomb raspy and shit. And extremely loud even with a resognator. If you want a nice sound i advise just gettin a cat back exhaust like magnaflow or somthing. just my 2 cents bro :D UNO!

I agree with you on that one...I took a chance on this muffler because one of my friends told me it sounded nice and it ended up sounding much more expensive than it was! :D
Not like those fart ass cans you see in the ghetto on 91 Cavaliers.

phatfreeza
03-23-2004, 02:14 PM
hey thanks for all the replies... hmm more than $100 eh? darn i was hoping it would be cheaper than that... guess i'll stick with just the midpipe.

and Btrthnezr3 i like your old car... reminds me of my sedan a few years back...

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Get a Fujitsubo Exhaust from japan :) now youll like that one! im sure of it lol

Btrthnezr3
03-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
and Btrthnezr3 i like your old car... reminds me of my sedan a few years back...

Thanks man...I love that car soo much. I took such good care of it, and then some asshole hit me from behind and had no insurance, no drivers license and tried to drive off. That was so traumatic! So a few months after getting it fixed, I started slowly selling all the mods and now my mom drives it. It still has the OEM Si grill, red/white tails, and rota c8's on it though. She still gets some looks...and she always revs at people and races them...haha. Just to think, my 60 yr old mom street racing. But she does. Anyways, it was my first car and I cherished it...but now it's on to bigger and better things. Do you have any pics of your sedan?