PDA

View Full Version : DC sports CAI

PortoRy
03-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Well my brother and i Installed the intake a week and a half ago.. So far so good...When it hits 4,000 RPMS and up it gets loud. Alot louder than the weapon R i had on my altima. So far i like the intake and feel i got a GREAT deal on it at $109.00 from options auto salon. THe only thing i didnt like is that i had to cut out some of the plastic fenderwell so the intake tube would fit properlly. But we used a foam like black battery wrap and self tapped it in there to provide an invisible cover and protect the intake tube. The install was easy its just time consuming, took us a few hours

also i have a question! that damn hose that has coolant in it that is attached to the stock intake hose, what did you guys do with that??

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-23-2004, 01:42 PM
$109 for a CAI?
Or is this an extension for if you already have the DC short ram?

03EP3Si
03-23-2004, 02:10 PM
AEM!:p

FCobra94
03-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
$109 for a CAI?
Or is this an extension for if you already have the DC short ram?

No, I believe it was for the whole CAI intake. It's not up the Options site any more, but there was a thread on here a while back giving a "heads up" on the cheap price.

Supposadly AEM bought out DC SPort, IIRC, which is why it was so cheap...

Too bad I had already spent $175 on the AEM though :(

YooShin
03-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Similar experience: Got my AEM SRI intake for $147, the price of the DC Sports DAC that I had originally order online. When I called them up to ask were it was after 3 weeks, they told me the DC Sport intake had been discountinued but since they still advertised it on the website, they would honor the lower price of the DAC for the AEM. Maybe I should have waited to order my intake and snag the CAI for that price.

PortoRy
03-24-2004, 12:35 AM
yeah it was legit i jumped on it when i first saw it up at options, complete CAI not just extension, they no longer have it there anymore ..AEM CAI and DC sports CAI are basically same intake right?

FCobra94
03-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by PortoRy
AEM CAI and DC sports CAI are basically same intake right?

It actually looks a bit beefier! :) Not a bad intake; wish I had jumped on it when I had the chance...

As for the hose coming off of the valve cover, what I did was find a metal pipe that would slide inside both the valve cover hose and the one that's included in the kit. I found one after scrounging around in the garage through dad's misc. pipe buckets. I used one that was about 3" long and inserted half of it in the valve cover tube and half into the tube that came w/ the intake. Then I just used two clamps to get it nice and tight ;)

At first, I just used a 3" long section of 1" o.d. drier hose and slid it over top of the hoses because I couldn't find anything that was the right size to fit inside both pipes. I would go to Home Depot and find copper piping that was 1/2" o.d. (which was too small) and 3/4" o.d. (which was too big), but never anything in between. It wasn't until I got home again and started looking that I found a 11/16" o.d. pipe that worked perfectly. I'm not sure how everyone else did it, but that's the way I found to work best.

Good Luck!