PDA

View Full Version : Need some newbie info for buying a nos kit

03SiBlack
03-23-2004, 02:39 PM
I really really want to get a nitrous kit. Can someone just give me some basic info about it? My car is a lease for four years i plan on modding it and either buying it when the four years is up or taking off all the mods and giving back. Ive hear alot about people blowing up their engines with nitrous this is one of the things that is holding me back about getting nitrous. Also how is nitrous used for example when would you push the button to release the nitrous and how do i not blow up my engine? I also wish someone could do a diy on installation omg that would be great thanks guys

ATRIOT
03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Go over to www.clubrsx.com and read all the stickies on N20. Great Info, and if you have any questions im sure Warmpepsi (Mod over at Clubrsx) can help you out. Or you can PM the ephatch Nitrous master himself = VERTIGO

WarmPepsi
03-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Go over to www.clubrsx.com and read all the stickies on N20. Great Info, and if you have any questions im sure Warmpepsi (Mod over at Clubrsx) can help you out.

:D Glad to see that i can help out, even on my non-native forums :cool:

Vertigo
03-30-2004, 02:47 AM
What about me?? I get no love.:(

ATRIOT
03-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Sorry bro, fixed it up:* ;)

siexyy55
04-26-2008, 02:12 PM
I really really want to get a nitrous kit. Can someone just give me some basic info about it? My car is a lease for four years i plan on modding it and either buying it when the four years is up or taking off all the mods and giving back. Ive hear alot about people blowing up their engines with nitrous this is one of the things that is holding me back about getting nitrous. Also how is nitrous used for example when would you push the button to release the nitrous and how do i not blow up my engine? I also wish someone could do a diy on installation omg that would be great thanks guys

ok first off nitrous is actually pretty safe if you know how to install it properly and when to use it. Also, there is not button to "activate" nitrous... it is usually just a wide open throttle sensor that you tap into you tps for. I actually don't know a single person who has blown their engine with nitrous, but I do know 3 people who have blown their engines with bad tunning on a turbo.

spleensSi
04-26-2008, 04:33 PM
get a zex wet kit its the safest way to go thats what im running in my car and i love it. its just knowing that the power is there whenever you want it.o and if it has to goto the dealer take all the nos stuff out cuz they dont like it when they find it while they are doing warranty work. this happend to me when only the bottle was mounted and nothing else was even installed yet or ever hooked up on the car.