PDA

View Full Version : lowering my car and i need to know what springs to use

errrr
03-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Which springs r the best for drop and handling cause im getting some and i need to know asap please

chubbychu
03-23-2004, 06:25 PM
you really need to search first.

anyways, springs are more of a look mod than a peformance mod. if you are looking for true handling and comfort. go with mugen full suspension.

02SilverSiHB
03-23-2004, 08:00 PM
progress springs

Soon2beEP3
03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
I got the Eibach Pro-Kits, 1" drop Installed Friday
I can definitely tell a difference while cornering.
Stock like ride.
Only problem w/ mine is something around the front assemblies (strut/spring) rattle. Sounds like somethings loose and vibrates over bumps. Everythings tight and I don't believe it's the springs, something most likely went wrong with the install (my first spring install) I'm going to inspect them this Friday. If anybody reading this has had this problem. Holler at me.

BunnyBunBun
03-24-2004, 12:53 AM
If you are gonna spend so much on mugen, y not add more for Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper? It looks very good, and stiff as hell.

Si3
03-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Tein S techs are nice!

but really... do a flippin' search!!!

-aj- ;)

SubliminalSi
03-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Pretty much all springs are good, they all do a drop and make handling better, it just depends on how far you wnat to go. With just springs you will get a 1.5-2 inch drop with tighter turning. But if you got for a full setup then it will dramtically increase handling and all the good stuff. It really depends on how much $$$ you wanna blow

2k2_nbp_egg
03-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Progress if you want a great cheap spring that agressively lowers the car w/ good spring rates. Improves handling by alot...and I've had em' on for a year w/o any problems.

Tenacious G
03-26-2004, 04:32 PM
so only Texas peeps are allowed to answer or know the answer?

moving to Suspension.

freidaddy
03-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Texas has the worst roads in the country!;)

EP3inRI
03-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy
Texas has the worst roads in the country!;)

I haven't driven much in Texas (only a week in and around Dallas), but I think New England has Texas beat on bad roads. Got frost heaves in Texas? We got'em here in NE and once the weather thaws here the frost heaves break and then you got huge potholes about the size of Texas.

errrr, as for springs or any mod, get the best you can afford. I've heard nothing but good things about the Mugen full suspension, but if it's just springs, I've had very good luck with Eibach.

specialblend154
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
fairfax county VA... second richest county in the USA... all our roads are brand new! ;)