PDA

View Full Version : hks dragon??

Chrisbgft
10-06-2002, 08:19 PM
anyone have this muffler? Is it loud? i have heard its very loud and that is what i am lookin for. I have an APEXI N1 right now and its totally quiet. thanx!

dustinhurley
10-06-2002, 08:24 PM
I thought the N1 was one of the loudest on the market. Do you have a full cat-back? If not, nothing is going to get too loud. And an N1 is probably going to be the loudest muffler on the market too.

FiZZ-EP3
10-06-2002, 08:25 PM
never heard of an HKS Dragon exhaust. maybe HKS Dragger exhaust??

Chrisbgft
10-06-2002, 08:26 PM
sorry, thats what it was. i saw it called dragon or dragger? are they really loud? thanx

FiZZ-EP3
10-06-2002, 08:27 PM
And yeah, N1 is VERY loud, but like dustin said, if it's stock piping, of course it's gonna be quiet. why not just wait for the N1 full catback exhaust to come out for our cars? also, never heard a Dragger, but i know they don't make that catback for our cars, and pretty sure they don't make a universal muffler of it, but i'm not 100% sure on the muffler.

Chrisbgft
10-06-2002, 08:37 PM
see, i am getting a custom catback made right now and before it was done myguy told me to try some mufflers out to see what i like. Well, i have the n1 on right now and its queit. He has a few others including the dragger. the dragger has a 4.5" tip, which is kinda crazy. the n1 has a 3.5" tip which is normal for an n1 right? i am getting a 2.5" custom made catback, so it will be louder?

FiZZ-EP3
10-07-2002, 08:51 AM
Hmm, thats weird cause i thought the Dragger was made for turbo applications only:o If you still use your N1 with new custom piping it should be louder. 3.5" for the N1 is the right size for NA cars like ours...the bigger one is for turbo cars, which is why i thought the HKS Dragger was for turbo only. did you check the size of the piping coming from the muffler on the Dragger yet? make sure it's not 3". good luck :)