PDA

View Full Version : How I Adj. My Headlight???

ThaIVTECDude
03-24-2004, 07:37 PM
yea one of my headlight beam is higher than the other headlight.... can anyone help me out? Where is the thing to adjust the beam at? cant seem to find it

BarracksSi
03-28-2004, 09:11 PM
What does the manual say?

Ocelot
03-30-2004, 11:24 PM
I haven't looked for this car, but usually they say to take it to a certified technician. :(

BarracksSi
03-31-2004, 07:34 AM
There's another thread posted at the same time (by the same guy, I think) asking the same question, and I dug up the service manual to find out how.

Briefly, there's an adjuster screw that you'd reach via a long Philips screwdriver. The access hole is near the top inside corner of the headlamp assembly, and the screw itself is actually a crown gear that works at a 90-degree angle to the screwdriver.

The small, easily-accessible bolt on the top is a mounting bolt and, unfortunately, NOT meant for adjustment.

Ocelaris
07-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Actually there are 2 bolts 10mm that you probably would be best off using one of those bendy drive things with a drill gun + socket adapter. I know this because I've been doing a retrofit for HIDs the last 4 days... and 2 to go. The one on top is the up and down bolt, and the one on the bottom is left to right. The one I'm calling "top" or vertical adjustment is to the outside of the car of the main H4 bulb, 2" up and maybe 8" to the outside of the car. The lower or horizontal adjustment bolt is almost to the corner inside of the light, roughly 5" down and 5" towards the center of the car from the Center of the H4 main bulb. Hope this helps. sorry I have a picture, but no hosting ATM... PM or email or IM me if you would like a picture.

Ocelaris
07-13-2004, 10:29 PM
My bad, I guess you can use a screw driver... I couldn't do it myself, so I got an adjustable 12" drive shaft for a cordless drill gun (or whatever has regular bit sizes) haven't tried that yet either... but I've heard that works... anyways without further delay, here's some pics for you.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDc1MDIyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDc1MDIzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Enojoy :o)