PDA

View Full Version : 5 psi boost.???somebody know why???????

vampire666
03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
yeah I just check booost of my jackson racing supercharger and is the boost is 5psi no 5.5 like jackson say .?????I check everything...and nop no leaks.......somebody know why....like my other post....can be my AEM cold air intake.????????

vasi
03-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Here is the deal I have a Jackson setup in my GSR.
What is the one thing the GSR and the SI have in common?

Give up Vtech!!!
When you go into vtech your valves over lap each other a little longer. Meaning that they all most open at the same time. If you look real close you can see the boost drop off one half to one full psi at Vtech.

Hope this helps.

vampire666
03-25-2004, 04:20 AM
I'm using autometer....and also I dyno test it and my number are 180 h/p the first run ...2nd 178 hp. and 3rd 177 hp .....the thing is jackson is claiming 178 hp to the wheel stock ......and I got DC headers,greddy evo catback and cold air intake....this things has to helpme a little bit...or not.???

vasi
03-25-2004, 06:13 AM
Ok your car just sucks.

jrking
03-25-2004, 12:42 PM
What elevation are you at? JRSC's are affected by elevation. I'm at over 5k elev here in utah and mine's only hitting 3lbs. I am currently trying to get JR to send me a smaller pulley but they're really dragging their feet. Keith is supposed to call me today and give me an answer. If they're not willing do do anything then i'll have mine up for sale here pretty quick!

rook
03-25-2004, 05:37 PM
If this is true:
[QUOTE]I'm at over 5k elev here in utah and mine's only hitting 3lbs. Then it is turbo for me all the way! I live at 5800 ft, and have been on the fence until now. Thanks

rook

myeverlovinsir
03-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Boost is subject to air density, so elevation is a factor, however choosing JRSC over Turbo or vice versa is not an elevation question. Pick one and run with it, the effect of elevation will be the same.

rook
03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Doesn't the wastegate on a turbo control the amount of boost available to the motor? If so, then a turbo car will produce the full boost it is set up to, right? What controls the boost on a SC? I thought it was the pulley ratio's turning the pump, so it is predetermined at the factory, non adjustable right? Maybe I am way off base? Just learning about this stuff.

rook

oldschoolimport
03-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by vasi
Give up Vtech!!!
When you go into vtech your valves over lap each other a little longer. Meaning that they all most open at the same time. If you look real close you can see the boost drop off one half to one full psi at Vtech. sorry, but there is no "h" in vtec. vtech makes phones. :D

myeverlovinsir
03-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rook
Doesn't the wastegate on a turbo control the amount of boost available to the motor? If so, then a turbo car will produce the full boost it is set up to, right? What controls the boost on a SC? I thought it was the pulley ratio's turning the pump, so it is predetermined at the factory, non adjustable right? Maybe I am way off base? Just learning about this stuff.

rook

You are not off base, Yes, the wastegate, more specifically the spring on the wastegate controls boost and is a tricky thing to setup correctly. The boost on the SC is pulley based, however is in line with rpm and results in less lag. It's adjustable by swapping out the pulley.

RMC22
03-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by vampire666
I'm using autometer....and also I dyno test it and my number are 180 h/p the first run ...2nd 178 hp. and 3rd 177 hp .....the thing is jackson is claiming 178 hp to the wheel stock ......and I got DC headers,greddy evo catback and cold air intake....this things has to helpme a little bit...or not.???

It's called heat.
Heat is your enemy.
Didn't they put up the dynos with bolt ons?
Something doesn't sound riiiight.

swrdply400mrela
04-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by RMC22
It's called heat.
Heat is your enemy.
Didn't they put up the dynos with bolt ons?
Something doesn't sound riiiight.

https://www.mossketeers.com/graphics/products/instructions/989-301dyno.jpg

Yup, they ran the SC with DC i/h/e, then they added their race header.