PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/ D3 Designs double x-brace get alignment after install? *long*

FCobra94
03-24-2004, 09:11 PM
I got my double x-brace on a few weeks ago (which I LOVE BTW :D) and while I was installing it, I noticed that my passenger CV boot was leaking :( ... long story short, Honda put a new axle in, under warranty, but when they went to get the car on the alignment rack, they told me the bar wouldn't let them get the car on the rack. I'm assuming it was a scraping problem.

I know they're not BS'ing me because a good friend of mine was the mechanic working on it, and he was the one to tell me that.

Has anyone else had this type of problem?

My Honda dealership just finished switching over to the "new" style dealership, which means they also got a newwer style alignment rack. My friend told me to bring the car by to see if it would work w/ the new equipment but I haven't had a chance to yet.

Anyways, if this DOES turn into a problem, I do know of someone who still uses an alignment pit but that would be a bit of a hassle going to see him. Not to mention my car has NO suspension work done to it yet, besides an RSX-S rear sway bar, so now I'm pretty apprehensive about installing these KW's I have sitting here :( hehe

Other than that, any info would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

!@#$%
03-24-2004, 09:57 PM
That's weird, im lowered on progress springs, 2'' drop. (it's really 2'') and i had my alignment done by honda. They weren't sure if the car would make it up, but they somehow got it up there and did the work. I checked under my front bumper and there were no scratch marks either. When he showed me the steepness of the rack, I was surprised they did it too.

joneSi
03-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Tell them to take a few long boards, put them so they line up with your car under the tires from maybe 6 to 10 feet away, and VIOLA, they can now get the car up the ramp (maybe). I had to do this to get it aligned.

joneSi

oogy-boogy
03-25-2004, 06:09 AM
Hmm...

I'm only dropped 1.5 but my X-Brace does steal a little clearance (~1" or so).

I'll be putting on my new rims and tires early next week. I'll let you know what happens when I ask for the alignment. :)

BSEVEER
03-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Why get an alignment after installing a double x brace? I can understand how it might get in the way of a rack but I don't see how it would affect your alignment. If you really want the alignment just take it off and put it back on afterward.

chubbychu
03-26-2004, 01:40 AM
dang...so for those people dropped 2- 2.5 inches...were screwed?

FCobra94
03-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Why get an alignment after installing a double x brace? I can understand how it might get in the way of a rack but I don't see how it would affect your alignment. If you really want the alignment just take it off and put it back on afterward.

It's because I had an axle replaced AFTER installing the brace. I wasn't getting an alignment just because I put the brace on ;)

hyonkiyoo
03-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I had goldloine drops, my honda dealer had to take my car to a pit, it might be the fact that they just couldnt get it up the ramp or something, no biggy, most other places are alot more flexible, but damn honda dealers are not.

fsugatorbait
03-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by FCobra94
It's because I had an axle replaced AFTER installing the brace. I wasn't getting an alignment just because I put the brace on ;)

I had the neuspeed x-brace on my old ep that was dropped about 2.25 inches and I had no problems with an alignment at a few different shops; however, none of them were honda.