PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel help

trabadoo22
03-25-2004, 12:08 AM
I would like to buy a new steering wheel. My problem is I'm too tall and when the steering wheel is in a comfortable position, all the way down, I can't read the speedometer. Is there any after market steering wheels that could be brought further out and have a design so I could see the speedometer? I can't be the only one in this situation. I'm tall, but not that tall, only 6'1. Thanks for any help.

Low Rider
03-25-2004, 12:27 AM
I have the same problem. I'm not even as tall as you but if I adjust the steering wheel to my liking, I can't see the instrument cluster worth shit - pain in the ass! :( I don't think there is much that we can do about it though - sorry... :'(

chubbychu
03-25-2004, 12:30 AM
you need to recline...low rider style baby! woot woot

Low Rider
03-25-2004, 12:33 AM
I hear ya but, my f#*kin' arms aren't long enough!!! :D

trabadoo22
03-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Ha, nice.

I have the same problem. I'm not even as tall as you but if I adjust the steering wheel to my liking, I can't see the instrument cluster worth shit - pain in the ass! I don't think there is much that we can do about it though - sorry...

Ya from all the steering wheels I've looked at I havn't seen any that will fix this problem. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Siman
03-28-2004, 11:04 AM
I am 6'2" tall.. i sit in an upright driving position...and with the steering wheel all the way up! much more comfortable on the backroads IMO...

I used to drive with it all the way down, and with the seat leand back alot, but that put pressure on my lower back after long backroads driving escapades.

our seats do not have ANY lower back lumbar support at all, i have noticed this after my seats broke in...I am getting some Sparco, or the Buddy Club racing seats....I am very slim and tall so they should feel fine...:D