PDA

View Full Version : Help installing the Neuspeed FSTB

Ph0nK
03-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I got a Neuspeed front strut tower brace, but for the life of me I can't get it on. Is there some trick, or incantation I have to recite? I can get the passenger side on the bolts, but the rear driverside bolt is giving me so much trouble (the little black plastic molding seems to be in the way).

Any help?

03silverEP
03-25-2004, 08:34 AM
you'll see some rubber molding along the bottom edge of the windshield wiper panel, you can pull this off (it reattaches easily)to give more room, then get one side on, line up the other side and pound on it a little it's a tight fit but it will go on , www.neuspeed.com has instructions on their web site as well.

chet
03-25-2004, 09:47 AM
I had the same kind of trouble. . .You just have to force it. Work on opposite corners, top left/ bottom right/bottom left / top right. Eventually it won't be so difficult, but I'm not up for removing mine unless its absolutely necessary!!

MCeez02Si
03-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I had the same problem to. Got a couple of knuckle bust getting that damn thing on, throwing all my weight on that sucker. In addition, when I finally got both ends somewhat over the bolts, I had to redo it like 5 times cuz it wasn't on enough to secure it onto the threads. Good luck.

Ph0nK
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm really afraid of messing up the threads on the bolt if I force too much. Anyone have this happen?

fsugatorbait
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ph0nK
I'm really afraid of messing up the threads on the bolt if I force too much. Anyone have this happen?

Ive had mine on and off three times for various work. Start with the driver side rear bolt (when staring at the engine), hold the bar perpendicular to the way it attaches (so its pointing towards the front of the car) and slide it over the bolt, than pivot it back around and secure the driver side front bolt. Next, thread the nuts onto the two driver side bolts and give them a few turns so that the bar can still be raised up a bit, but remain on the bolts. Than I worked on the passenger rear bolt and so on. It takes quite a bit of force to get the bar on. Another tip, make sure the car is on level ground. HTH, Good luck. :)

Ph0nK
03-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Ive had mine on and off three times for various work. Start with the driver side rear bolt (when staring at the engine), hold the bar perpendicular to the way it attaches (so its pointing towards the front of the car) and slide it over the bolt, than pivot it back around and secure the driver side front bolt. Next, thread the nuts onto the two driver side bolts and give them a few turns so that the bar can still be raised up a bit, but remain on the bolts. Than I worked on the passenger rear bolt and so on. It takes quite a bit of force to get the bar on. Another tip, make sure the car is on level ground. HTH, Good luck. :)

I tried doing this, but the exact opposite way: I did the passenger side first. I'll try doing the driver's side first when I get off from work.