PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new...

emosubaru
03-25-2004, 11:04 AM
I drive a subaru but i love the new si and wanted to see how you guys do stuff 'round here.

seems like your forum is very friendly(subaru forums can be brutal)

so make sure i play nice!;)

a little about me-

i'm 19, go to guilford college in greensboro, nc... grew up in fairfax, va(metro dc area). i play guitar and hopefully my band will get started next year when we all move into the suite...

anyway glad to be here!

here's my car as is...

nevermind file too big!

Btrthnezr3
03-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey man...welcome to the site!
Hope you have fun hanging out with us.
We are pretty friendly people! Or so I'd like to think! ;)
Check out some of the good lookin EP's in the Members Rides section...that outta keep you busy for a while :D

Si3
03-25-2004, 12:04 PM
welcome to the site and good luck with your tranny! :confused:

-aj-

emosubaru
03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
haha my tranny should hold up pretty well, the 165hp from my stock EJ25 RS motor is no sweat:D

i have been oggling the rides section since i got here!:eek: soo nice.

dj addicted
03-25-2004, 01:04 PM
so, what all have you got done to your subaru... I have numerous friends with WRXs and a couple with STIs. They all love them! Welcome to the boards

emosubaru
03-25-2004, 01:50 PM
i have a little mod called "in out of state college"

so nothing as of yet. i have an RS- it's no wrx and certainly no sti but it handles decently and is a nice torquey motor (EJ25). the 5 speed is geared pretty tall but all in all i'm happy with it. i got it as a senior in highschool and thought i'd be driving it in wet conditions, so the awd would be a bonus... but now that i'm in college i'm wishing i had gone the route of an EP hatch.

don't get me wrong, i love the subaru... it's just that without the wrx's EJ20 turbo engine it's not as enjoyable.

so yeah... my car is stock. i'm either going to keep it that way and trade it in or mod it in a little while. i don't need to go fast anyway. (don't have any tracks or autoxs i know of around here.)

Peking
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the site :)

We are pretty open here to everyone no matter what they drive.

evilep3
03-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Welcome to the site :)

We are pretty open here to everyone no matter what they drive. fer shizzle

emosubaru-
my friend has a WRX with 18.25psi from a jdm ej20 swap, vf35 turbo,STI injectors, Turbo XS 3" downpipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tien flex w/elec control, 6.5" panisonic lcd screen w/ HKS camp system. with a healthy list of interrior/sound mods.

he took it to vishnu here in cali for a dyno and got 270 at the wheels with messed up fuel pump.

if ya have any questions im sure he would be glad to shoot ya an answer. ;)

emosubaru
03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
sounds awesome!

do you mean the VF34 turbo? i'm pretty sure IHI doesn't make a vf35...

if so, he's pretty much made himself an STI Spec C.

i hope to do an EJ20 swap when i'm out of college, but gas is expensive enough with my 2.5 liter.

or i might go the route of a lot of EG owners i know and strip the interior and just do basic header/exhaust with maybe some COBBtuning cams. forced induction is great but i am poor and don't know if i will be able to afford it straight out of college.

evilep3
03-29-2004, 02:01 PM
ya VF34! damned typos.. hehe

anyway it is a BEAST :cool:

oogy-boogy
03-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the site.

Upload some pics of your ride to a host so we can see them :)