PDA

View Full Version : sway bar/tie bar question.

DTR
03-25-2004, 01:07 PM
which suspension component should go for first sway bars, upper strur bars, or lower strut bars. I eventually WILL be getting all components but which one would be the best to get first. to improve my handling. Thanx in advance for your imput. you know how it is with those of us that have to work for our stuff( short in funds)

fsugatorbait
03-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Hands down, the first bar you want to replace is the rear sway. Than i'd go with a front mount strut bar, rear strut bar, front sway, front x brace and c-pillar in that order.

Btrthnezr3
03-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Hands down, the first bar you want to replace is the rear sway. Than i'd go with a front mount strut bar, rear strut bar, front sway, front x brace and c-pillar in that order.

I'd have to agree.
Upgraded rear sways are easy to come by...19mm RSX-S bar, 22mm CTR Bar, or a Progress Rear Sway/Tie Combo are good choices in that department.

DTR
03-25-2004, 02:59 PM
how much do those run for? the CTR bar fits right on???

esmith13
03-25-2004, 03:20 PM
If you can drop $240 in one shot, Eibach's anti-roll kit does rear sway, front sway, and urathane bushings for both all in one kit. The bars are thicker than the CTR and ITR bars as well so they offer more "anti" in their "sway". ;)

Eric

DTR
03-25-2004, 03:24 PM
thanx for the info....240 doesnt sound bad......does showstoppers have the ability to get those???

03silverEP
03-25-2004, 03:36 PM
www.robearracing.com or www.tornactive.com (same site) and they give EPHatch.com members 5% off everyday

tcostello3
03-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Hotchkiss Tuning Sways & Endlinks.
Neuspeed strut bars.
Lokar G-Bar system. (It'll be out soon or you can pay them to make it now)

Low Rider
03-25-2004, 03:50 PM

I agree with the rear sway as your first order of business. Mugen makes an excellent 25mm sway - don't compromise on this piece of equipment. This will be one of the most important suspension related investments you will make and there are a lot of piss-ant sway bars out there that aren't worth squat (the Mugen isn't one of them).

I also agree with the purchase of a good tower strut brace - this will help you get a more direct response out of your front end.

The stock front sway is excellent - you don't need to buy a new one. At most, you might consider buying some serious bushings.

As far as x-braces and c-pillars go, I think that stuff is pretty unnecessary unless you are racing your car in dry weather conditions regulary. Making your chasis too stiff is completely undesirable in wet weather and doesn't make a lot of sense for every day driving.

Just my 2 cents worth... ;) Good luck!!!

esmith13
03-25-2004, 05:01 PM
DTR,

Showstoppers is where it's $240 shipped - it's almost $300 everywhere else i looked.

tcostello3,

Can you use those endlinks you mentioned with any sways on the EP or does it have to be there's?? Where can I get them and how much?

I've decided on the Eibach sways myself as i am very happy with other products I've bought from them. incase anyone is curious - the anti-roll kit has a 25mm tubular front sway and a 23mm solid rear sway.

Eric

Civicvtec1ps
03-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DTR
how much do those run for? the CTR bar fits right on???
CTR sway bar will fit perfectly. 22mm.

Originally posted by 03silverEP
www.robearracing.com or www.tornactive.com (same site) and they give EPHatch.com members 5% off everyday
They don't have discount codes any more.
Rob got rid of them after New year.

Originally posted by esmith13
Can you use those endlinks you mentioned with any sways on the EP or does it have to be there's?? Where can I get them and how much?

Yea, You can use those endlinks with any sway bars for ep3/dc5/em2.
Endlinks.
http://www.hotchkistuning.com/bin/images/products/acura/25405.jpg
$149
http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=25405

I am thinking about getting Mugen rear sway bar..25mm to get neutral feeling. Our stock front sway bar is 25.3mm.
Cusco released rear sway bar for dc5 as well, 25mm.

Lucid Moments
03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
IMHO a front sway is not necessary. I got the Progress rear, and then added the Progress front and am looking to go back to stock for the front, but like a dumbass I tossed my front. If you do go with an upgraded front I will buy your stocker off of you.

Low Rider
03-25-2004, 05:49 PM
This will be my next major suspension mod: :D

http://www.todaracing.com/images/product_k20a_fightex.jpg

Civicvtec1ps
03-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Toda=$$$
:(

Me ep3
03-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Is there a c-piller bar?

Civicvtec1ps
03-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Me ep3
Is there a c-piller bar?
Yes, J's Racing.

fsugatorbait
03-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
IMHO a front sway is not necessary. I got the Progress rear, and then added the Progress front and am looking to go back to stock for the front, but like a dumbass I tossed my front. If you do go with an upgraded front I will buy your stocker off of you.

why are you considering changing yours out?

DTR
03-26-2004, 08:38 AM
thanx guys, i really appreciate your input. my concern was to get some critical stuff ASAP, because im going to take some driving classes in about a month and i wanted to work on my handling but i didnt wanna go all out cus this is a once in a while type of thing. But thanx for your inout.

DTR
03-26-2004, 09:17 AM
what are the size differences between the CTR sway, Progress sway, and Eibach sway?

Lucid Moments
03-26-2004, 05:10 PM
why are you considering changing yours out?

I'm changing it out because I went to the auto-x a couple of weeks ago and it understeered like a pig. I expected some understeer, but this was crazy.

Originally posted by DTR
what are the size differences between the CTR sway, Progress sway, and Eibach sway?

If I remember correctly the CTR is 25mm, and the Progress is 22mm. I'm not sure about the Eibach, but I think it is 22mm also.

esmith13
03-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Eibach has a 25mm tubular front sway and a 23mm solid rear sway.

The CTR is 22mm solid rear sway. I believe the ITR is 23mm solid like the Eibach.

Eric