PDA

View Full Version : Questions about springs

darkvibe
03-25-2004, 07:39 PM
So I'm a retard when it comes to springs. I want to lower the car a little but not too much since I drive it in the winter. I'm thinking about ordering the progress springs. So here's my questions...

What springs have a progressive spring rate? I read that the progress do.

Do I need a camber kit? Front, rear or both? I've read with a 1.5" drop puts the rear at about -1.5 which is right at the honda spec limit. I'm interested in keeping my tires wearing evenly and not camber for performance.

Cost is a concern. I want to keep the springs less than $200 and I won't buy from ebay. I will be running my stock shocks with them. Are there any coilovers or other springs I should consider?

Gearhead Geek
03-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Sportlines are $171, and about the same drop as Progress. As for a camber kit, I would definately suggest one for the rear, however the front really isn't nessicerry (although, considering the SPC kit is only $135, it doesn't hurt to get them). About the progressive rate, just about any spring you get for street use is gonna be progressive rate. Solid rate springs are mostly designed for track use, and would provide an extremely uncomfortable ride for daily driving.

darkvibe
03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks.

Anyone else have other suggestions? I think right now i'm leaning toward the progress springs and spc camber kit from showstoppers.