PDA

View Full Version : limo tint all around?

mysiismyBABY
03-26-2004, 12:49 AM
I was wondering if it's worth it to get limo tint on both of my side windows because i dont know if i could afford the ticket. Has anyone got a ticket for having limo tint all around? And how much was it? I figure i could always roll down the windows if I see a cop, but you never know sometimes they sneak up on you.

My stock si needs something... it kinda looks like a chicks car right now, I'm hoping some tint will help out until i get my tax return, then comes the wheels and springs (for looks) and later the CAI and exaust (for the not really needed extra power)and finally the sounds and I'll be happier then i already am with my ride.

Civicvtec1ps
03-26-2004, 05:43 AM
You definetly don't want limo ticket.
I had 15% all around, and It was soo dark at night.
Couldn't see anything.
35% or 20 % all around would be nice.

Si3
03-26-2004, 07:27 AM
i have 20% all around, and its pretty dark. Limo tint is overkill and shitty when your trying to back up at night.

It cost me $140 to get it tinted and $25 for the ticket i recieved the firt week i had them. Haven't had any problems *knock on wood* since then.

The cop who wrote me the ticket was cool (actually pulled me over for speeding and got away with a tint ticket), his words were, "... i think tint looks good, but its a hazard in our profession. It's a shame how the minority ruin it for the majority..."

cliff notes: limo tint will just get you in trouble, and if your completely stock, get springs first.

-aj-

Brettnyt
03-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by mysiismyBABY
I figure i could always roll down the windows if I see a cop

You're not gunna see em coming if you have limo tint. My suggestion is deffinitely get something lighter. I would highly reccomend 20%. Its perfect. If you wanna see pics of the 20% tint on my car, go here.

CLICK ME FOR PICS (http://www.cardomain.com/id/brettnyt)

Fast02
03-26-2004, 07:53 AM
I'll be getting mine tinted in a couple of hours. Glad this topic came up cause I was going to get limo tint. Thanks for the pics Brettnyt cause now I'll get 20%:D

Oshkosh
03-26-2004, 08:26 AM
well my ep has 5% on the 3 back windows, and 20% percent on the two front ones ive been good so far, (knock on wood). and im on a military base and they really dont trip. i guess it comes down to if u wanna risk it.

HondCivc91
03-26-2004, 08:48 AM
I forget what was put on my car but here in NJ we cannot have ANY tint of any degree on the front sides or windsheild. Back ones on my have the darkest legal tint.

ep3sucks
03-26-2004, 07:20 PM
my previous car i had 20% and yea i agree with ya man, that's like the perfect setting. but now on my EP i have ... i forgot which but i went for the darkest one they had when i had mine done. and yes. go for it. it's dark as hell at night, if you decide to go twisties in mountains at night, no matter how cold it is, you have to have your window roll down. and you CAN NOT tell what kind of car's behind you or what so ever. but hey it works great during day time.
it's almost like wearing your always-on sunglass under blazing vegas sun, and keeps the car cool. and you can stare at the girl next to you when you are at the signal, and they have no idea where you're looking.

regarding on ticket, i guess it's up to your luck! (knock on wood). i always had all my car tinted dark, and never had trouble with them at all. when they pull you over for speeding or whatever, just have your windows roll down. and i never heard of anyone getting pull over just because they have tinted windows. 8yrs in Cali, and 1/2yr in vegas.

go for limo all around! :D

i-vtec04si
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
i personally think the 20 is nice i was wondering too because i was about to get mine done.... 20 it is btw i believe it is legal too.

EtherGhost
03-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Oregon Tint Law

Oregon

Visor...........6"

Front doors.......35%

Rear doors................35%

Back window...........35%

http://www.tintdude.com/ntoo.html#Oregon

i-vtec04si, it's not legal for you. Also, check this out http://www.odot.state.or.us/transafety/Vehicle_Safety_Standards/Oregon_Equipment_Handout.pdf.

ragebomb
03-26-2004, 08:04 PM
LOL. I was so paranoid of getting pulled over about tinting, I got "light" tint all around. Sometimes I regret not going medium, but it's good peace of mind to know i won't get stopped. :) I'm in socal, and unfortunatly, you do get stopped out here for tint.

halos02Si
03-26-2004, 08:08 PM
i've had 15% mirror tint on for about 2 years now...at first i would roll my window down for every cop i saw but now i really dont care and not many of them care as well....but it always depends on where you live....thankfully me being a marine has helped me out 99% of the time but if you know you live in an area where your going to get hastled then dont even bother with limo and just stick with the 35% or at most 20%

hope that helps

-breandly

Fast02
03-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Tint turned out really nice!! The guy did an awesome job! I actually ended up getting 15% all the way around. I'm really pleased.:)

mysiismyBABY
03-26-2004, 10:26 PM
thanx guys, it's a never ending battle. That's what I've been trippin' on... the factor that i can't see anything. I think I have pretty good luck but that can change. I have to admit being able to check out the ladies next to you at the lights is a real plus.

So far I'm convinced 20% is looking good, but can i still glance at the ladies???

Unfortunately some of you know ,living in so cali, cops enjoy ruining peoples lives. I know at least 15 people who've been pulled over strictly for having tint on the front-side windows. I'm not sure how much we can tint our front-side windows here in cali, I just know it would make my ride a hundred times better looking.

Somehow I don't think a tint ticket in cali would only be $25, but I don't know much.

Thanx again guys... your opinions mean a lot more than my "ish" talking friends (if you know what I mean)..."get limo,get limo" -"shutup" I tell 'em.

mysiismyBABY
03-26-2004, 10:33 PM
BRETTNYT... can you please make a new link for me? I can't get your picture to pop up. It says it's at a 100% but it keeps loading. What the problem is?
THANX AGAIN

Brettnyt
03-27-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by mysiismyBABY
BRETTNYT... can you please make a new link for me? I can't get your picture to pop up. It says it's at a 100% but it keeps loading. What the problem is?
THANX AGAIN

Hey man, the link should be working... Try it again if you want, there are more pics on there... But heres 2 examples of my 20% tint.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/513000-513999/513958_2_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/513000-513999/513958_12_full.jpg

Lemme know if I can do anything to help out.

Zigen5
03-27-2004, 05:57 AM
Wow... I don't think limo tint is overkill!! I've had it since I bought my car last June. I have never gotten pulled over and its a major plus for people not looking inside your car. Thats the main reason why I got limo.

IIx 03 EP xII
03-27-2004, 10:41 AM
limo is the way to go. during the day it stays cool, and sun doesnt get in your eyes. you can stare at people all you want, and they have no idea! i have 35% windshield film on my windshield too. you can hardly even tell its there unless you KNOW me and my car. i have been pulled over twice. one time the state trooper was very very bored, so he pulled me over to tell me my tint was illegal (no fine or anything) and i was following too closely to the person in front of me (just happened to be my freakin parents cuz we were on a road trip!!). the last time i got pulled over was for speeding, and the cop said 'your tint it illegal' so i said 'alright' and that was it, no ticket or anything, maybe he thought i didnt know.

another thing, if you do get pulled over and the cop says your tint is illegal, just tell the cop you bought the car with it on there, and you had no idea it was illegal ;)

evilep3
03-27-2004, 11:05 AM
man Brettnyt that looks dope.

i have been putting off tint for too long! :cool:

STP03BlueSI
03-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
Wow... I don't think limo tint is overkill!! I've had it since I bought my car last June. I have never gotten pulled over and its a major plus for people not looking inside your car. Thats the main reason why I got limo.

Oh yes sir. Limo all around with a 7inch strip in the front:D

People can't see in.;)

Chris