PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone succeed breaking into our car??

ep3sucks
03-26-2004, 01:27 AM
well, you know EM1s 99-00 si was one of the hot list of getting *jacked* vehicle. i don't know if it still is.
but i believe they didn't have the chip in their key like we do, for extra security.
plus, well i know it is not as hot as those, but do you know anyone got their car got stolen or found evidence of someone trying to break it in?
I know previous model was like so easy to break in, and compare to that how about our EPs?

To be honest, I wish someday someone just steal my car and make it disappear, and there we go! i get to have another brand new car or have chance to try different car:confused: .

chubbychu
03-26-2004, 01:36 AM
lol...you should just park your car with the keys in it for a week. bye bye!

kidXStreme
03-26-2004, 02:08 AM
ep3sucks...you seem like the kinda person that will make your ep3 disapear some way or another...i can see in your head...your thoughts...and i forsee you telling a friend to steal it and dump it into a river.

phatfreeza
03-26-2004, 04:13 AM
ouch i guess we have more haters... :(

dchu
03-26-2004, 05:35 AM
But since our cars suck so much insurance isn't going to give us jack for it. Then with the little money you get, you'll be able to afford a brand new Hyundai or Kia.

fsugatorbait
03-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by dchu
But since our cars suck so much insurance isn't going to give us jack for it. Then with the little money you get, you'll be able to afford a brand new Hyundai or Kia.

exactly, you'll be lucky to get back what you owe on it if it does decide to disappear one day.

ViViDPeArL
03-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ep3sucks

To be honest, I wish someday someone just steal my car and make it disappear, and there we go! i get to have another brand new car or have chance to try different car:confused: .

THE HELL...if you wish your car got stolen then why did you buy a Si? you seem like you don't want it...just get rid of it and buy a new car....seems like your being a poser going on this site too...you're obviously not a ephatch fan...

BlairSpeed
03-26-2004, 09:57 AM
LOL, just look at his name :rolleyes:

ep3sucks
03-26-2004, 06:35 PM
well, i have gap insurance from Honda. uh oh~ what does that tell ya huh??!!
so yea ins. covers whatever they want to and the gap will do the rest.
I know it sounds so obvious and all, but i have my own reason of having it.
my god brother used to work at honda dealer, and he did a damn good job on making money out of me, and convincing me to get this EP.

yea whatever it says on my name, probably tell you what it says.
but hey i do enjoy driving it, and it well fits city driving style, i gotta tell you that. i just moved to vegas, and believe me, driving here's nothing like L.A. downtown. anyway i guess my pull hard from the bottom engine seems work pretty good here rather than above 6K rpm puncher.

well anyway,, i'm not really a fan of it. i can't lower down my standard, either.
hey everyone. be honest. i still think it's fun car. but it's not that great.

but hey i just happened to end up with this car, and im seriously curious about this CHIP installed key feature. i didn't have it in my any of previous cars. ...so anybody????

klik
03-26-2004, 06:43 PM
another newbie!

eat a dick!!!!hehehehe jk:D

ep3sucks
03-26-2004, 06:47 PM
man.. sorry being a dick. :o
but hey~ be nice.
i'm just one sad dude waiting for another 2 years to passes on, so i can try something else. i wish it turned out better for me too.

but still. back to subject. i'm talking about thick nice looking computerized key that i have, man.

sirdee
03-26-2004, 07:51 PM
About a month ago my window got broken (long story). I was curious so i took a peek down into the door. There are what looks like covers over the doorlocks. From what i saw it's really hard if not impossible to slimjim. Good news for us :)

halos02Si
03-26-2004, 08:03 PM
sorry to hear that you are not happy with your car.....i for one love my car and am sad to say that some jackass who cant afford shit broke into my car back in november. stole my entire system....2 of RH c5's, broke my passenger side window....scratched my dash....on a positive note; they were not able to steal my car!

my cars done a lot of growing up since then....i also installed the hella airhorns...if i hear them go off, im gonna go out there and beat em with my stock exhaust :confused:

well....thats my story :)
-breandly

Peking
03-26-2004, 08:18 PM
man.. sorry being a dick. :o
but hey~ be nice.
i'm just one sad dude waiting for another 2 years to passes on, so i can try something else. i wish it turned out better for me too.

but still. back to subject. i'm talking about thick nice looking computerized key that i have, man.

Sorry folk, don't think you are going to find to many folks who feel the same as you on this. Why did you buy this car in the first place? Most folks take alot of time thinking and testing to see if they want to buy a car so they don't regret it right after buying.

EtherGhost
03-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sirdee
About a month ago my window got broken (long story). I was curious so i took a peek down into the door. There are what looks like covers over the doorlocks. From what i saw it's really hard if not impossible to slimjim. Good news for us :)

One of my friends (Rummey on the board) got his EP towed a few months ago because he was in a no parking zone. They didn't have any trouble getting his doors open. No damage either. The immobilizer would probably suck to get around, but the towtruck didn't mind it :)

ep3sucks
03-26-2004, 09:08 PM
ok, i'll share it with you guys.
i never wanted to bring this up again, cuz i thought this had to be done so secretly!:confused:
it's going to be long.

it was last summer, to be exact 2003, june.
my god brother(at that time known for 8yrs) ask me to come over and test drive type-s RSX since he was working at Honda & Acura at the time.
he worked at a Mazda before and he'd let me test drive whatever car even though i was never interested in any of them. (that was the time there were no 8's). anyway since the place was like cross street from my work, what the hell, just go.
at the time, i had Red 2000 celica gt-s with a lil over 70k mile on it.
i was in love with that car, but it definetly was getting old. sqeak from here there, engine was all beaten up, clutch had to go real soon, all 4 tire also had to go, and plus(most stupid thing) i didn't know the celi's timing belt was chain, and he(was mechnic and he took care of all of the previous cars i had) said timing belt had to be changed soon. first week i got that car my ex girl friend keyed my car all the way around when i was at work(mall), i bought the touch up paint to fix it but it never was perfect from the beginning.
and that bitch had opened up 4 credit card account under my name w/o me knowing of any exsistence(over $10k, sound like a BS but true) that put me in a serious problem i had over 10 late payment on the car.
if anyone knows about 7th gen celi, the car was a pure sex but it all started from lots of trouble. anyhow there was a close call, but it stayed with me.

back to last June, he let me beat the hell out of the Type-S, but i still thought my GT-S was better. im sure it's a one nice car, but it wasn't for me.
the whole car felt a lil big and hadling was not even close to my toyo's.
anyway he said if i get the car from him, he can get me a gap insurance with it, and just go ahead and get the which ever one that i can afford just for 1year. don't think about the car, .......and we can get rid of it in about a year.
he'll get the late payment record out of my celi, and if i make payments on time for full year, make the new car disappear, my record's gonna have another car paid off full, and after that i'll be able to get type-s lease.
like i said it was not about the car. it supposed to help me build up my credit.

tried the base RSX, nevermind about that car, and i test drove an EP3 and i actually liked it better than DC5s.
it was kinda funny. earlier my gf was with me and we were making fun of how the EP3 look like, and interior was a joke. (like i said, i was in love with my celi)

well anyway EP3's payment was pretty close from what i was paying for the celi, and ok..what the hell.. just beat the crap out of it for a year, then later i'll have better credit plus maybe a brand new type-s. since he told me he does the car bashing up business, too. so i never thought any of this would be so hard to make it happen.

time passes on, and shit and shit happened between me and him, i figured what he was trying on me(and plus other good 2 friends who went from TL to accord ex, H22 to civic ex <--- this is my best friend, i still laugh at him, and they were in similar critical credit situation as i was). and we never talked after about a month i drive this black EP of the lot.

being having the car that never wanted, and being so stupid getting fu**ed like that... just put that aside, i was just soooo disappointed at him and i still am.!!!!:mad: how stupid i am. i even got the car with its sticker price and plus cost of gab ins.

since then almost a year passed on, and i said, forget about driving the car of the cliff.. and am looking for another gt-s at a good deal and same to my best buddy who drives that stupid EX. but ooouuugghhhh i still owe too much on my EP.

trying to be happy with what i have, but the whole situation makes it just so not happy owning this car.
sorry about my story being long, but what the hell... i thoght i'd just share my stupidity with you guys.

looking forward to getting an Yami R6, but the payments gonna be killing me!!
so ..yea that's how it all started.

Peking
03-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Well I hope something works out for you then :)

nozomi
03-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by halos02Si

my cars done a lot of growing up since then....i also installed the hella airhorns...if i hear them go off, im gonna go out there and beat em with my stock exhaust :confused:

well....thats my story :)
-breandly

hey man u got hella airhorns? I bought it but i haven't installed it yet.

Could you gimme some tip in terms of installing it? i opened it up and i see that relay diagram and shit it doesn't seem tat easy to install.

looking forward to getting an Yami R6, but the payments gonna be killing me!!
so ..yea that's how it all started.

shit man, it's so sad to see you get fxxked over by good friends, that is soooooo bad. Nothing much gets worse than being screwed by someone almost like a bro to ya.

btw, get GSX-R man, it's so fast it can go 300+km/h easily, R6 can't even get to 300.

ep3sucks
03-27-2004, 03:59 PM
i think gixxer's are nice too, but i'm considering either 600rr or R6. i really like those two, but probably an R6.
where you from anyway? talking about km? i know one thing for sure, either R6 or gixxer they are fast enough to kill ya, and i'm not gonna get gixrs cuz one can go over 300km and othere can't. i heard Yamaha handles a lot better due to its weight and etc. :D

ep3sucks
03-27-2004, 04:08 PM
oh nevermind,, vancouver. nice place huh. canada's one of the place i wanna visit, too. maybe move up there if i like it.

sirdee
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
check out this thread

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183504&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

Brettnyt
03-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
lol...you should just park your car with the keys in it for a week. bye bye!

The crazy thing is, I was in town not too long ago, saw a silver EP parked in the lot right outside Starbucks and Staples and such. I walked over and the windows were down. Wait a second, the windows were down AND the car was RUNNING! No one was around, it would have been an incredibly EASY swipe. He also left cd's on the seats and stuff to just grab and go if you didnt wanna steal a minivan...

2k2SiAutoXer
03-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Damn, your brother was stupid for trying to get you into that situation and you were even stupider for trying to commit insurance fraud. Silly me, I sometimes wonder why my insurane is soo high:rolleyes:

Anyway, your a big boy. Either trade it in and eat it big time or just hold on to it. And if the car does 'dissappear' then I hope to god you see your ass in jail.

--Tom

ep3sucks
03-28-2004, 06:18 PM
sirdee. the whole thread's about the seat lock. what do i gotta do with seat lock. you must replied on wrong post.

and my best buddy's EX was i think someone attempted to steal it or something at least, cuz one day he called me up and say his driver side locks are all jacked up. but i guess some dumb kid tried to break it in, and ending up just messing up the door lock.
so yea me and his gf told him to make sure leave the door open with the key in it next time:D

and 2k2Si, yea i know what i've done,, but all that just happened within few hours. he goes 'hey!~ $^$%@$#%@' , then i go 'hmm for real $#%@^$'
i had to learn it the hard way. and also i did realize my ins. rate's probably gonna run crazy high, if i do use that method. so yea fu*k it. i'mah stick with it for another 2 yrs, i guess...

ep3sucks
03-28-2004, 06:20 PM
uh.... so anyone still wanna talk about our key??:p

sirdee
03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
sory replied on the wrong thread. But since you asked about our key, I hacked open my sir key, took the chip out. Got a 2003 Accord key (the one with the remote built into the key) took the chip out and put my chip in. And reprogramed the remote. Works like a charm.

fsugatorbait
03-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sirdee
sory replied on the wrong thread. But since you asked about our key, I hacked open my sir key, took the chip out. Got a 2003 Accord key (the one with the remote built into the key) took the chip out and put my chip in. And reprogramed the remote. Works like a charm.

Souds good, mind sharing a little more info on how you got the chips out of the keys and how you reprogrammed the remote.

sirdee
03-30-2004, 02:21 AM
this is the site

http://www.hondasuv.com/crv/viewtopic.php?t=427

I copied and pasted the instructions
Do this mod at your own risk. I'll check this thread daily to answer any questions.

Fellow member dhowse posted a thread on using the all-in-one key and remote fob, made for the Accord, on a CR-V. I thought it was a great idea, so I did it too.

Cost:

$55 From your local Honda Dealer, including cutting the key (Make sure they don

fsugatorbait
03-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Excellent, found my next project. :D

EDIT: THIS WILL NOT WORK ON 02 SI's.

sirdee
03-30-2004, 11:02 AM
I've been trying to figure out a way to make the option button work with no success. My alarm is using the factory keyless entry. So i arm and disarm with the oem remote. I was going to use the option button for remote start. If somone finds a way to make the option button work please post.

foilpan
03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
ep3sucks:

i mean no offense, but what's your first language? i know it might sound harsh, but i was just wondering.

ep3sucks
03-31-2004, 03:23 AM
hahaha. yea i'm still working on my eng. i know.
ahh you're breaking my heart.
me korean.
it ain't too bad, right~~~~??!!!

foilpan
03-31-2004, 03:53 AM
hahaha. yea i'm still working on my eng. i know.
ahh you're breaking my heart.
me korean.
it ain't too bad, right~~~~??!!!

it's cool. you're doing well enough. i've known some native english speakers who can barely speak coherently.

Low Rider
03-31-2004, 04:35 AM
Mine was broken into at the freggin' dealership. I took it there in the fall to have some winters mounted on steel rims and an oil change. They busted the driver's side window and the rear hatch window - glass all over the place... I have owned this car for about one year and I've had more than my share of hassles - but, that's another story... ;)

trk
03-31-2004, 07:19 AM
...how stupid i am...

That says it all.