PDA

View Full Version : If JR ever came out with a SC for our car....would you like them to sponsor you?

02SilverSiHB
10-07-2002, 09:38 AM
I think there are a couple of people here that go to car shows and have nice ride....so if I were you, I'd try and see if JR will ever come out with a SC for our cars and get sponsored :D
Here's something I found at JR's site:

Looking for Sponsorship?

Every year Jackson Racing will be looking for a handful of individuals to represent our products at a grassroots level and in the print media. If you are interested in sponsorship and think you have what it takes, then read on...

What are we looking for?
Really it is three things:

1.Obviously, your car must be something special or different.

2. A proven track record for attending car shows and events.

3.YOU! The most important aspect we look for is the integrity and work ethic of an individual. We want to know that by being sponsored by Jackson Racing, you will represent our products in the best possible manner and become a spokesperson for us. If you are just looking for free stuff, don't bother contacting us.

What do YOU need to do?

Don't call us. A phone call means nothing and we simply do not have the time to spend on the phone.

Don't email us. Again, we are inundated with email every day. Also, we really can't afford to have our servers clogged up with photo's attached to emails.

What you do need to do is put together a written proposal and send it to this address:

Jackson Racing - Sponsorship Opportunities
440 Rutherford Street
Goleta, CA 93117

Send your proposal via UPS or Federal Express. This way you can track your own package and you will know that it was received. Do not call us to see if your proposal arrived.

In your proposal you should have a list of all of the car shows you have attended and your future plans. If you are a drag racer, include time slips. A list of completed modifications and those planned for the future. A list of awards and accomplishments. We also want to see nice quality photos of your car. The more the better. If you are lining up magazine
exposure, let us know who you are talking with. Obviously we know all of the folks at the magazines, so if you are talking with them we WILL verify their plans for your car. Lastly, tell us why you think you are qualified
to represent our products.

What WE will do.

We set aside a budgeted amount of money for this sponsorships in the fourth quarter of the year. We will collect proposals until the last day in March of the following year. In April we will decide who will get sponsorships. A handful will get Full (free stuff) sponsorships. Another 10 or 20 of you will qualify for Partial (Products at greatly reduced prices) Sponsorships.If your proposal arrives after April 1, we will hold on to it for a sponsorship opportunity in the following year.

We will contact everyone who sent us a proposal and let them know what our plans are. Even if we decide not to sponsor you, we will send you a letter. All proposals become the property of Jackson Racing.

BlackSi2002
10-07-2002, 09:57 AM
dude thats cool, i may have to look into that, to bad i have never showed at a car show.

hacim
10-07-2002, 09:57 AM
I had sent JR an email about three months ago asking them the release date for the SC for our cars and they replied and said that it will be released at the brgining of 2003.

Az02Si
10-07-2002, 10:02 AM
HELL YES id let JR sponsor me.I had great luck with their blower on my old Si and would LOVE to have one on the 02....But it SUCKS they raised their prices so damn much,i bet the 02 kit costs like 4k easy........I sent them a STACK of 13 second slips and pics of my car at events,and never heard from them though :( Sucks......Thy want to just throw me a free blower so i can show people what itll do? ;)

02SilverSiHB
10-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
HELL YES id let JR sponsor me.I had great luck with their blower on my old Si and would LOVE to have one on the 02....But it SUCKS they raised their prices so damn much,i bet the 02 kit costs like 4k easy........I sent them a STACK of 13 second slips and pics of my car at events,and never heard from them though :( Sucks......Thy want to just throw me a free blower so i can show people what itll do? ;)
I know, it would be nice :D

02SilverSiHB
10-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hacim
I had sent JR an email about three months ago asking them the release date for the SC for our cars and they replied and said that it will be released at the brgining of 2003.
Yeah, they just emailed me back. They said summer of 2003

NamingException
10-07-2002, 11:09 AM
I just made a thread about the same thing. I thought I was going to be the bearer of good news, but you beat me! I deleted the other thread. I've got an email in to Vortech, too, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these SCs work out. I'm pretty interested in getting one.

1fastminivan
10-07-2002, 11:33 AM
I think MiamiJDM would highly qualify for this sponsorship....dont yall think????hehe.:)
I wonder how that would work out with running the bottle and SCed on stock internals? Id like to see.hehe:cool:

Type X
10-07-2002, 01:36 PM
i dont want sponsorship. .

than your obligated to go to things for them and have vinyl all over. . .

i would rather pay out of pocket and do what i please ;)

and roll stealth :angel:

02SilverSiHB
10-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
I just made a thread about the same thing. I thought I was going to be the bearer of good news, but you beat me! I deleted the other thread. I've got an email in to Vortech, too, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these SCs work out. I'm pretty interested in getting one.
yeah, I emailed them too. I already found out comptech won't make one...."we don't make sc for 4 bangers because there are so many other companies that already do that" was there response :rolleyes:

ep3guy
10-07-2002, 02:19 PM
and roll stealth :angel:

muhahahahaha

Type X
10-08-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy

muhahahahaha

every try to roll sleeper with a huge

jackson racing sticker up the side :p

ep3guy
10-08-2002, 01:42 PM