PDA

View Full Version : a tire review

m.kusanagi
03-27-2004, 03:18 AM
i will attempt a review.

i have decide that i would like a sticky tire for summer.
i had reduced the choice to:

Advan A032R

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/yokohama/yo_a032r.jpg

Kumho V700

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/kumho/ku_ecsta_v700.jpg

i was searching a size of 225-50-15; for this combination aspect-ratio and width has close overall diameter to stock tire-diameter; without tremendous different. Even though the 215-55-15 is of closer diameter, the diameter different is negligable because the with benefit overwhelm the diameter. I purchased my tire from a store online, this called "Tirerack". They provide a good purchase experience.

195-60-15 (Stock)
24.2 overall

225-50-15 (what i purchase)
23.9 overall

215-55-15
24.3 overall

after a deliberating, the conclusion ends the Advan.

the tire is a sticky much tire, with a few sidewall flexing. the shift can readily felt in the rear outside tire when am cornering, but so small is shifting; only felt when sudden input of steering. the tire is warmed in a fast amount of time, and when is fully warmed, no longer is tire slipping during shifting or fail RPM matching. The most sticky-ness is very consistent, and is holding consistent sticky even in great change in driving procedure. i have ordered the no shaving of 6/32, and have heat cycle myself. This is a how they coming from the store, and even though no shaving of tire happening (i wished of 4/32) there is a good wear with no tearing. even though the store offering a shaving for you. A surprise tire, the difference between the Advan against stock Michelin is a difference the "Night" and "Day". The bad are the sound, especially when fast travel. Even music does not suppressing the sound much. Another bad is the raining performanc, where sliding is experience frequent. I think that would be worse if one was get the shaving from the store. But i like the tire, very good if some-one dealing with noise. i am pleased greatly.

a good review?

-kusanagi

Low Rider
03-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Hey "bro"... thanks for the update. I have always found Yokohama's to be very 'loud'! ;) I am using the Bridgestone S-03's... this is the best all around tire I have ever used - rain, dry, cold, warm, you name it - excellent performance in all conditions. I think those Advan's will be wonderful in the dry but, tricky in the rain - they will also wear very quickly. Good luck... ;)

chunky
03-28-2004, 07:48 AM
did you get the hard or soft compound? the a032r are a nice tire. but honestly, you're wasting them on the street.

m.kusanagi
03-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by chunky
did you get the hard or soft compound? the a032r are a nice tire. but honestly, you're wasting them on the street.

i purchase the hard compound

no waste! very nice! i know of no place where to track my car. It handel nice on the drives of chicago; wacker drive, lake-shore drive, sheridan, etc.

im not on them now, and i only want to use during summer. I only wore for three days. saving for summer.

chunky
03-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by m.kusanagi
i purchase the hard compound

no waste! very nice! i know of no place where to track my car. It handel nice on the drives of chicago; wacker drive, lake-shore drive, sheridan, etc.

im not on them now, and i only want to use during summer. I only wore for three days. saving for summer.

the hard compound will pretty much never get up to operating temperature on the street. that is a road race compound. you will never realize full grip at street temps.

the soft compound is made for auto-x, and would get gummy on the streets. but even then, you're using a track tire on the street.

but i guess if you have the money to do it, go for it. :)