PDA

View Full Version : Be wary of GTI owners

BlazeX12
07-04-2002, 09:22 PM
A firend of mine has a GTI vr6, and is on a forum for GTI's. he told me that most of the GTI owners want the liitle antena thing on our car. My firend took mine off to see if it fit, and it does. So be careful, some GTI owner might wanna steal it. Just an FYI.

SBC31
07-05-2002, 04:43 AM
Why would they want it. Is ours longer or something, and are they jealous that we have longer ones...:D

SpacemanSpiff
07-05-2002, 05:25 AM
The VW antenna is longer but thinner, for a while they have been buying S2000 antennas and putting them on Volkswagens. I guess ours are similar to what the S2000 has.

SBC31
07-05-2002, 05:35 AM
This proves that lenght doesn't matter, it's all about size...lol!

ApexinSi
07-05-2002, 08:31 AM
BLEECHCHH......I eat GTI VR6's for breakfast.
I did notice that the si's antenna is alot shorter than the VW's. Thats why I burn all the ones I race, that shorter...less ghey rice antenna makes our cars more aerodynamic.

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2002, 03:40 PM
I'd be careful of the VR6 for another reason - 200HP now out of the 2.8. I don't know if there are ways to distinquish the new VR6 GTi's and Jettas from the older versions as far as new body work or different wheels but keep a close watch!:eek:

snubnose
07-06-2002, 09:53 AM
So, would it be a good idea to unscrew the antenna and hide it in your car when you park? Would doing that constantly, strip the threads?

02TafWhtSi
07-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by snubnose
So, would it be a good idea to unscrew the antenna and hide it in your car when you park? Would doing that constantly, strip the threads?
No, just don't think about it. Constantly unscrewing and re-screwing the antenna on and off can't be good for the threads:(

punkdork
07-08-2002, 01:45 PM
My GF has a 1.8t golf.. maybe I should swap her... :D

BestMix
07-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Put some finger nail polish on the treads of the antenna and put the antenna back on the car with the polish wet. When the polish dries it makes a seal that is very difficult to break. I have a friend who does this on all his chrome Harley parts. You can break the seal if needed, but not without some effort. I've already performed this mod on my car and it works perfectly.

SmoothOperator
07-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey I'm gonna try that...thanks for the tip.

TrippZ
01-06-2003, 12:45 PM
can i see a picture of an S2000 antenna? someone here has a s2000 antenna, and i wanna see what it looks like, might wanna go get one if it lokos cool (and so i can say i have a part of my car with an s2000 conversion)

chunky
01-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BestMix
Put some finger nail polish on the treads of the antenna and put the antenna back on the car with the polish wet. When the polish dries it makes a seal that is very difficult to break. I have a friend who does this on all his chrome Harley parts. You can break the seal if needed, but not without some effort. I've already performed this mod on my car and it works perfectly.

wouldn't nail polish interfere with signal transfer from the antenna to the screw?

the s2000 antenna looks almost identical to our antenna, it's just a bit chubbier. a friend of mine who has a vw gti 337 has already done the antenna swap with the s2000, and we compared his antnna to mine. they're the same, but the si's is a bit thinner.

cbecker333
01-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BlazeX12
A firend of mine has a GTI vr6, and is on a forum for GTI's. he told me that most of the GTI owners want the liitle antena thing on our car. My firend took mine off to see if it fit, and it does. So be careful, some GTI owner might wanna steal it. Just an FYI.

At least we are not advertising this on a PUBLIC website. Oh, wait....we ARE. Thanks for the info, but what the hell are you gonna do? take it off every time you leve the car? have fun. I play CDs, so I don't care too much.

hacim
01-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Nail polish? Why not use loctite? I have some at home that I will be doing this first thing tommorow.

Spidey
01-06-2003, 03:18 PM
you can use this stuff called lock-tite. It's like krazy glue.
I personally don't like the look of the VW antenna. It looked good in the '80's.

I think the Suzuki Aerio uses the exact same antenna as ours

cbecker333
01-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by chunky

wouldn't nail polish interfere with signal transfer from the antenna to the screw?

I doubt it. Electrons can jump pretty far when they need to, and despite the presence of nail polish between the two surfaces, there would still be a significant amount of contact.

Mr Sparkle
01-06-2003, 05:23 PM
"BLEECHCHH......I eat GTI VR6's for breakfast. "

Uh....no, no it wouldn't. Unless you have mods you aren't listing. Otherwise, the VR6 would spank your silver car red 12 valve or 24 valve.

ortedd
01-06-2003, 05:58 PM
some one stole my first antenna :'( the car looks naked with out it

Golfzilla
01-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BlazeX12

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

LMAO!

Yeah, you better watch out for me now!

http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/owned%20stripped%20car.jpg

natesi
01-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Golfzilla

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

LMAO!

Yeah, you better watch out for me now!

http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/owned%20stripped%20car.jpg

I don't think they jacked the car up correctly. I mean, if they are going to rip a dude's rims off they could at least jack it up right and not damage the fuck out of it. That's why I hate theives; no respect. Someone should cut their balls off.

ep3guy
01-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Damn how sad, that looks like The Block in O.C. That's why I don't like to go there with my car. I always try to park close to the white S2000 that's always there with a Spugen sticker on it. :D

BarracksSi
01-07-2003, 03:30 PM
You surely wouldn't have to use Loctite or nail polish over the entire thread, just the top part, towards the plastic of the removable portion.

Wouldn't have to take it off for a touchless automatic car wash, either. Now I'm thinking about doing this, too.