PDA

View Full Version : Strut bars...

IIx 03 EP xII
03-27-2004, 06:09 PM
alright. i want to buy a front and rear strut bar. i could get a spoon rear strut bar and a mr. alex front bar (ive heard the spoon front bar doesnt fit on USDM)... or i could just get mr. alex front and back. the spoon rear bar is $10 cheaper than the alex bar for some reason?! is mr. alex the best bars? im new to strut bars and what not... so somebody help me out. oh and also, if yall could post some pics of your front and rear strut bars... it would be coooool!

Gearhead Geek
03-27-2004, 06:49 PM
well, this is just my opinion, but the rear strut brace isn't worth a shit. if anything, get a rear c-pillar bar. i haven't tried one yet, but it seems like (and judging from what people say it does) make the real difference. as for the front strut brace, I have the neuspeed and I love it. getting it on the first time is a bit of a wrestling match, but it's extremely solid, and definately a noticeable difference (at least as noticeable as a strut brace could be)

IIx 03 EP xII
03-28-2004, 10:38 AM
alright... so anybody else?? come on.. i need more input before i buy something. now i hear the rear strut bars arent worth it. c-pillar bars are cheaper anyways, but are those even worth it? ive heard that it is better to have both front and rear bars... im so confused now!!!

glw
03-28-2004, 11:04 AM
i have the neuspeed front and rear strut bars. the sportline springs, and progresss sways, with camber bolts up front (dialed in to -2.0

IIx 03 EP xII
03-28-2004, 11:09 AM
well i think im just gonna go w/ the mr. alex front and rear strut bars. and maybe in a lil while i might get the c-pillar bar and see how that helps out. i guess you can never have too many reinforcement bars?? well... thanks for the input guys.

fsugatorbait
03-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
well i think im just gonna go w/ the mr. alex front and rear strut bars. and maybe in a lil while i might get the c-pillar bar and see how that helps out. i guess you can never have too many reinforcement bars?? well... thanks for the input guys.

Why did you end up buying spoon bars? The front bar wont fit.

seandwd
03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Call me crazy, but I love the rear strut bar I purchased on eBay for $8.95. It is solid, not bad looking, and cheap as hell. After installing it I could definately feel an improvement in handling. I would recommend this bar to anyone looking for a rear strut bar.

IIx 03 EP xII
03-29-2004, 12:16 PM
the front bar will fit. the only thing that needs to be done is the brake fluid reservoir needs to be moved forward... but the honda dealership can do it, or any other mechanic can... i talked to a guy that has it, and he said that the honda dealership installed it for him. i also bought it cuz i got it for about $115... soo... its not that bad of a deal for a bar that cost $170+

BlackCivi02
03-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I have the DC Sports bars. You dont have to move anything to put them on.

Jaypee
04-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Has anyone here tried Tanabe Sustec front strut brace?

IIx 03 EP xII
04-01-2004, 09:17 PM
i dont think anybody has... but who knows. the spoon bar should be here any day now... and ill have pics up when i get it on. all that needs to be done is move that massive reservoir forward a lil bit. it can be and it will be done.

ill show all you non-believers:p ;) :D

Stas03Si
04-02-2004, 10:41 AM
I got the neuspeed front and rear, they seem to be allright.

IIx 03 EP xII
04-02-2004, 12:06 PM
yeah ive heard good things about the neuspeed too... but i just dontl ike the way they look... and to me neuspeed always seemed like it belongs on a european car... its all in my head for some reason... who knows. well im just waitin on the bars to get here!

Stas03Si
04-03-2004, 12:07 AM
It is european, well mine at least, made in england, or 80% of the parts or some shit like that. I think most are japan but like 20% are english origin, from what I was told, probably wrong on this one though.