PDA

View Full Version : Confluence and Order in the EP Universe - Synchronicity at work!

RiceCzechs
03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Alright... who was it???

Downright crazy happening this morning... I was driving from Cleveland to Wooster this morning to see my son win his hockey tourney, entering onto I-480 in my '02 NBP EP, when I see... low and behold... another '02-'03 NBP EP on the highway as I descended from the onramp. Odd enough, considering how rare these cars can be 'round these parts (esp. to nail the same color. Bone stock exterior-wise, just like mine, though the iVTEC billboard was still in effect. At any rate, I mash the go pedal in an effort to catch this other EP driver in the fast lane (by the time I hit the bottom of the ramp, I was probably only 8-10 car lengths behind).

But wait, there's more! I'm literally not even to the bottom of the on ramp, and, if I'm lyin' I'm dyin' here, guys... a THIRD NBP '02-'03 (this one with a temp tag in the window), apparently trying to catch up to the Si I first spotted! What are the odds of this???

I had the opportunity to check out the amazed and amused expression on the other two EP drivers faces (both young clean-shaven guys... probably early-mid 20s?), and we up and took off from the rest of the rather thin traffic. I don't mind telling you that my own EP hit an indicated 132mph 2x, with the pedal not all the way to the floor - the fastest I have ever taken it by a good measure (I think I had previously only ventured up to 115-120mph). After a couple of miles, with me either in the middle or playing lead, the third EP dropped back - I'm not sure if he had an exit to catch, or whether our speed just got to be a bit too ridiculous, but I never did see him again after he fell back in a couple of miles. The other EP and I mixed it up a bit for a few miles further, but as much love as I have to give to any other EP driver, I'm absolutely mortified that the guy didn't use his turn signals AT ALL when knifing in and out of lanes, even passing someone on the left shoulder at one point - a move I definitely wasn't willing to do. Love the car, don't mind the speed, but let's not be completely nuts out there, guys - turn sigs and common-sense is important!

Oh - like I said, the cars were visually as stock as can be - wheels, ride height, everything. However, one of the two (and I honestly can't remember which at this point) had some smaller stickers along the bottom of the rear side windowline - I could never get a good look at them, because, well... I didn't want to read small lettering at 125mph!

That's all the distinguishing characteristics I can think of... I'm hoping that one of the stickers was an EPHATCH.com sticker, or that the driver of the other one somehow noticed mine (I've got the old-style silver ones along the bottom of my rear side windows, and a Strongbad window cling above my rear wiper, if that helps).

At any rate, I want to know... are you guys on here??? If so, I'd like to say thanks... not only did I make it to my son's game on time (I was running a shade behind schedule), but I had, hands-down, the best kinship-type experience in my EP that I've ever had... all down to just dumb luck. I've passed by my fair share of EP drivers going the other way, and even passed a couple on the highway before, but never anything like this... truly remarkable.

If you're on here, thanks, guys!!! :) :) :)

phatfreeza
03-28-2004, 10:54 PM
that's awesome man... i never get to see things like that...

RMC22
03-29-2004, 12:42 AM
What's the point of being courteous if you're driving over 120 mph? It'll just draw more attention to ya, plus I think it's pointless since driving that fast on a public road with families driving could easily be deemed reckless.

BarracksSi
03-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah, true, it's pretty risky going that fast, since someone might not see you & change lanes right in front of you -- but you knew that already.

But, still, that's cool as shit, happening upon two other identical EPs and making a freeway run. Bet you wish that you had a passenger with a video camera, huh?

RiceCzechs
03-29-2004, 09:47 AM
The road wasn't that crowded on the spurts where we took the speed up to that high a rate (though I'll give you that it wasn't completely vacant), and there were portions where we were doing 90mph, or about 15mph above the rate of traffic - definitely turn signal time. My whole thought, I guess, is that I imagine that said driver never uses his turn sigs, whether crawling around at 25mph on a city street or out on the open road - that, and the passing on the shoulder trick was just dangerous and unnecessary. Still, it was a very cool moment, and yes, one which I would've loved to have a video camera for...

todaCspec
03-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Awesome.............:cool:

"Ep's are taking over, at a freeway near you." lol!

GrahamBo '02
03-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Yea, that's cool I like seeing other EP's around town. Just last weekend a guy I've never seen before pulled up behind me at a stop light in a stock black 02-03. We excahanged what's up's etc. :)

Its nice to see other EP's that are friendly. That's what this stuff is all about if you ask me.