PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! - pics with my Pro-kits

02TafWhtSi
10-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Ok - finally here are some pics of my baby with Pro-kits installed and a new set of shoes (Bridgestone Potenza S0-3's sized 205/55/zr15 although they're a little hard to see).
I set the pics up in a phot album, just click the link!
02TafWhtSi photo album (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291283617)

greenguy
10-08-2002, 01:48 PM
No offence, but I am not signing up for ANYTHING just to view pics of your car!:eek:

Jpax
10-08-2002, 01:56 PM
You can use digitalpose.com

its free and upload pics then open them from there, then right click on the pic and copy file name and past here using [ img ] your car pic here [ / img] then we can all see it.

Busta J
10-08-2002, 03:39 PM
just sign in with...
username: guest
password: guest

Gratuitious monkey pics to follow...

:) :( :o :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :angel:

02blksi
10-08-2002, 04:09 PM
thanks BUSTA !! Woo HAaaa..

02 ..looks nice! --joe :)

02SilverSiHB
10-08-2002, 04:39 PM
I all ready posted the pics in the memebers rides section for you....did none of you see them?

02TafWhtSi
10-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I all ready posted the pics in the memebers rides section for you....did none of you see them?

thanks again for that!!! I really appreciate it:)

02blksi
10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
how much did you get them for? and where --sorry if you already answered this thanks -joe

dannysi
10-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Looks nice how much of a drop is it, and hows the ride feel.

02TafWhtSi
10-09-2002, 07:53 PM
I got them for $215 shipped from optauto.com - maybe I could have found them for cheaper but I'm pretty lazy:) The ride is just like stock! I know alot of people say that but its really true. The only difference is better handling, better steering response, and less body roll. I reccomed them for any Si owner who wants to go with a noticeable but conservative drop and still retain the original suspension components (shocks, tires, etc...) although I did swap my rubber but not b/c they wore out - just a stickier summer set.

BlasTech
10-10-2002, 11:40 AM
How much for the install?

02TafWhtSi
10-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
How much for the install?

A $40 gift cert. to Best Buy :D ... My uncle and I installed them together so that was a little thank you gift.

JSIR
10-14-2002, 08:56 PM
looks like your sidewall height is smaller now with the new tires, is that right ?, the drop doesn't seem to have lowered the wheel well gap much, so I am assuming the sidewall height is smaller.

02TafWhtSi
10-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
looks like your sidewall height is smaller now with the new tires, is that right ?, the drop doesn't seem to have lowered the wheel well gap much, so I am assuming the sidewall height is smaller.

I know the pics aren't the greatest quality - they aren't digital - but the springs really only lower the car 1". I know this isn't much and it does still leave quite a bit of wheel well gap but I like to keep things as simple as I can. And yes, the tires do have a slighly smaller sidewall but only by a fraction of an inch...the stock tires are 195/60/15 and my Potenzas are 205/55/15 so they have a touch wider footprint on the ground and a touch shorter sidewall. They grip like no tomorrow though and the ride quality is preserved so I'm happy in both respects!:)

JSIR
10-18-2002, 06:47 PM
actually I really like the drop of the Pro-Kits, Ive got a set ready to install in my garage, should be on this week hopefully. I just think the smaller sidewall tires cut into the reduction that the springs make on the wheel wheel gap. Still a nice drop though.

02TafWhtSi
10-18-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
actually I really like the drop of the Pro-Kits, Ive got a set ready to install in my garage, should be on this week hopefully. I just think the smaller sidewall tires cut into the reduction that the springs make on the wheel wheel gap. Still a nice drop though.

Cool - put up some pics so we can see! What color is your ep?

JSIR
10-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Ive got the silver EP, stock rubber and wheels. This thing sits way to high right now, but I don't like the really slammed look either, so the Pro-Kits may be good for my liking, much like the CTR drop. Yeah I should able to get a pic or two.

JSIR
10-24-2002, 08:05 PM
got the springs on my car recently, they make an awesome difference to the car, I'm impressed. I've got no more body roll left in the car (with RSX-S 19mm rear sway bar previously installed), it handles amazingly totally neutral, and it has a perfect ride. Great springs. The decrease in wheel well gap is very nice, not slammed, just a nice moderate drop. I'll try to get a few pics shortly.

02si
10-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey I'm in Michigan

Anyway
Is the rear sway bar the one that comes with the car between the two rear strut assemblies?

Did it really make that big of a difference?