PDA

View Full Version : just removed pin stripes on 04 ep

nio619
03-28-2004, 11:16 PM
wut up. i just removed the pin stripes on my 04 ep. all i did was used my finger nail gently to remove em. after i removed em i used meguiars instant shine to remove the sticky resude. no special tools, just finger nails, meguiars instant shine and a microfiber clouth. whut yall think?

the JigGa mAn
03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
what pin stripes? before and after pics!!:D

ep3hatchattack
03-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Pinstripes?? Is that only on the 04's? Thanks, Dave

oldschoolimport
03-28-2004, 11:28 PM
now you are an official member of ephatch. that is the most common first mod.;)

nio619
03-28-2004, 11:30 PM
ya its a 2004. damn i should have took before and after pics. i could take after pics. its pretty damn clean. one thing that i noticed is a very tiny scar on the paint. it had nothing to do with the pin stripe. to fix this, do i just put some touch up paint. and if i do put touch up paint will it pervent that scar from getting all rusted up? i like the i vtec sticker on the sides of the car. i think imma leave em on.

oldschoolimport
03-28-2004, 11:45 PM
the metal is treated to prevent rust so that should not be a concern. if it is tiny it is probably not thru the paint. if it is a surface scratch then compound, wax, and buffing should take care of it. if it is deep, clean the scratch good and put the touch-up paint on with a toothpick. after it dries do the compound, wax, and buff. one touch-up paint company has a solution that will dissolve extra touch-up paint and leave it in the scratch. my old roommate had some but I am not sure which one. good luck.

ziich
03-29-2004, 09:32 AM
So 02's and 03's didn't have pinstripes?

bigcase
03-29-2004, 10:09 AM
i think it all depends on what ghetto ass dealers like. some places ive seen 02's, 03's, 04's have em. mine didnt come with em, but my dad just got an 03 and his had em. we took em off this weekend. i also removed his vtec stickers and put a comptech filter in it for him. oh and i made some ground wires for him. he loves his non pinstriped Si.

plpong893
03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
no one on earth had worse pin stripes on there car then me... my dealer didnt have the blue and thats what i wanted so they picked it up from a another dealer. the other dealer put this tribal flame as a pin stripe i was so pissed i had the dealer remove it be4 i took it home

Jay H
03-29-2004, 10:08 PM
My '03 came with pinstripes that were put on by the dealer. They were painted on and are not vinyl so I can't take them off. $189 for the job (which I didn't pay for). The positive side of them is that they used dark blue and very dark maroon colors and you can't even see the stripe.

I just don't think pinstripes belong on an EP.

See if you can see them:

http://www.jays911.com/images/Si%20Cover.jpg

Jay
My 03 Si (http://www.jays911.com/Si.htm)

the JigGa mAn
03-29-2004, 10:15 PM
how do i know if i got a pin stripe on my ep??? since i dont know what it looks like or where it is

slave0ne
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I do not have any pinstripes on my 04' black ep. I think I would have noticed them when I removed my ivtech stickers and my civic emblem on the back.

;-j

nio619
03-29-2004, 11:34 PM
shit. yester day i remove my pin stripes right. well today i noticed that there is a a outline where the pin stripes use to be. wtf. does anyone here know how to remove this? and i dont think it is the sticky resedue cuz i cleaned that off. and i notice two very small lines on where the stickers use to be. i used tha meguiars quick shine to try and remove it cuz i used that same product to remove the sticky resedue but the damn thing just wont come off. i dont even know it is just a little cut. how do i find out? koo.

the JigGa mAn
03-30-2004, 12:40 AM
car wash?

phatfreeza
03-30-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
how do i know if i got a pin stripe on my ep??? since i dont know what it looks like or where it is

if they're vinyl pin stripes, then you can feel the pinstripes... they run alongside your car...

jay h - dang..i see your pinstripes!!! :eek:

nio619
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM
is there any way to remove the outline of the pin stripe? so if i get a scratch on my car, i dont have to worry bout rust?

madbrain
03-31-2004, 11:58 AM
shit. yester day i remove my pin stripes right. well today i noticed that there is a a outline where the pin stripes use to be. wtf. does anyone here know how to remove this?

Use a fine compound to remove the outline then wax and buff.

1flySi2002
03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by phatfreeza

jay h - dang..i see your pinstripes!!! :eek:

serious?!?!?!?! i can't see them. and i'm looking sooooo hard.

Jay H
03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
You can see part of the pinstripe on the front fender on the photo I posted above. Very hard to see and the colors they chose make the stripe almost invisible (good thing).

Why the dealer thought anyone would pay $189 for someone to paint these almost invisible pinstripes on a car is beyond me.

1flySi2002
03-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Jay H
You can see part of the pinstripe on the front fender on the photo I posted above. Very hard to see and the colors they chose make the stripe almost invisible (good thing).

Why the dealer thought anyone would pay $189 for someone to paint these almost invisible pinstripes on a car is beyond me.

post a close up, i still cant see them.

Jay H
03-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Here's a close up shot:

Click Here (http://www.jays911.com/images/Si%20Pinstripe%20Closeup.jpg)

Sorry for the dirty EP! It rained this morning and now it's 29 degrees... Too cold to wash!

Jay
My 03 Si (http://www.jays911.com/Si.htm)