PDA

View Full Version : DC header - baffle plate problem

SinisterCivicSi
03-29-2004, 04:53 AM
ok i know this was an issue like months ago with some people and i want to know what steps you took to fix it. i am another victim of the poor welds on the baffle plate for the dc header. i wanted to know how you went to get another header, did dc give you a hard time, was there someone in particular you spoke to.... can someone help me out? thanks

simione
03-29-2004, 09:50 AM
I had one of the first dc headers with that problem. I just called them and they overnighted me one no questions asked. The person that I talked to was mark. Its kinda funny though, because when i called back the next week to thank him they said that he didn't work there anymore. I am not sure how the would handle it now because AEM bought them out. Just give them a call I am sure that they are aware of the problem and if they care about their customers they will take care of you.

SinisterCivicSi
03-29-2004, 05:29 PM
yeah AEM bought dc this January. i called AEM first cause the guy i bought my header from knows one guy there really well. i told him what happened and he said he knew the rsx type s headers were having that problem but he wasnt aware of any for the si. (bullshit)
he said what they would have to do is have me send my header to them, and they would send another header to me since they warranty it for 2 years. i really dont wanna have to take this header off, put my stock one back on (thank GOD i still have it) then when i get the new dc header put that one on. did anyone else go thru this? if so tell me who you talked to or what you said, maybe i can get around the taking off of my broke one and just have them send me another. the biggest problem i am going to have is that the receipt that i bought my header on was on a mulitple item receipt that is not in my possesion...and i have no way or clue of getting a copy of that. they told me at aem to have that proof of purchase in with my header when i mail it to them. crappers!

chubbychu
03-29-2004, 05:34 PM
you would probaby be better off spending a couple bucks and have a local muffler shop just go ahead and weld it for you...

itll save you the trouble of shipping and installing and re-installing and finding that recepit and talking to stupid sales reps.

just drop your car off and tell the shop what to do. It might cost you upwards of 100 bucks(since they would be taking if off and putting it back on)...but...if your willing to spend the money..its a lot more hassle-less...

rswbrixton
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
On the DC baffle weld issue , was it specific to the ceramic or stainless header or both ?

I would have thought that nearly 2 years after its release the bad inventory would have been worked out of stock .

When one receives a new dc header ( ceramic or stainless ) , what additional or different welds is one to look for ? Any pics of such issue available ?

!@#$%
03-29-2004, 06:38 PM
it wasnt because of bad welds.

it was becuase there were no welds.

the new version has side welds where the other one didn't.

fishboy
03-31-2004, 02:55 AM
take it off and send it back that's all you can do. you can have a muffler shop do the welds for you, but the plate can be bent from the heat so no dice, plus if the muffler shop does a shitty job i'm sure dc won't warranty it after that. myeverlovin did his own welds and it's held up this far so maybe a muffler shop can be trusted, but hey i'd just go and send it to dc and fuck all this other crap.

SinisterCivicSi
03-31-2004, 04:49 AM
thats actually not totally true. i was very concerned with mine when this whole issue was a bigger deal like a year ago. before i put mine on i took pics and posted in here and i had the side welds...but they were more like tack welds - they didnt run all the way down the sides of the baffle plate, and thats where my concern was. my salesman for the header contacted dc sports back then and told them my concern, they assured him that my header was ok.